Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Natural Instinct - Minimum Order!!??

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by monkeymummy32, Oct 29, 2012.

1. monkeymummy32

monkeymummy32 PetForums VIP

Just looking again at the Natural Instinct website with view to ordering my second lot, and I've noticed something that I didn't see the last time I looked - they say that there is no minimum order for the first 3 months from setting up your account, but then after that any order has to be 80KG + :eek::eek:. Is this new?? I'm really disappointed because there's no way I can order 80Kg! :eek:

2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

What a load of cod-wallops - are you sure you aren't looking of the trader section of the site?

Goes off to look - cos if they do this they will lose an awful lot of custom.

EDIT: yep that's the trade section - it's not the case for normal customers. For normal customers the minimum order is 5kg.

#2 spid, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  3. Citrineblue

Citrineblue PetForums VIP

I think you maybe in the trade section. If you go to home on the Natural Instinct site, then go to the CAT section you will find what cat food is available today. I made the same mistake yesterday!!!!!! when looking, then realised that you can get onto the Trade area!!

As Venison had been removed I phoned today to see when it would be available and they were able to say Venison was being done today and Rabbit later this week ,and they have stocks of all the others. I was able just to order 6KG worth of meat.

I hope this helps, I have to say my Cats have gone crazy for this. I know people have said they eat less of RAW but mine seem to eat a lot more, at least at the moment i.e. One month novice.

4. monkeymummy32

Ohh PHEWEEE, thank goodness for that!! Thanks Spid! Don't know how I ended up in that section, but it may be something to do with a nosey kitten jumping all over me whilst trying to navigate the mouse! :crazy:

5. Citrineblue

Citrineblue PetForums VIP

Sorry over lapped my reply with yours Spid, whoops.

6. monkeymummy32

Thankyou! Yep I did somehow find myself in the trade section! Oops!
    Thanks for the info re: venison and rabbit - my boys did love the last order of Venison so I'll make sure I get some of that again! They seem to be available on their website now :001_smile:

7. The Minkey

The Minkey PetForums Member

I'm interested in feeding my two raw, but I can't work out how much freezer space I'd need to accomodate a minimum order. Anyone else got an undercounter freezer, and if so, how many drawers does it fill?

Plus, if the pack size is 500g, and they recommend feeding 100 - 120g per 5kg cat per day, as mine are more in the 3kg mark, would I end up with loads of waste? I'm presuming I'd need to thaw out a pack at a time.

8. monkeymummy32

I don't have an undercounter freezer so not sure if you could squish them all in or not - maybe someone else can answer that!?
    I'm sure I've read that some people allow the packs to defrost slightly, enough so that the blocks can carefully be cut up to allow freezing in smaller sections - maybe this would be an option so that you don't end up wasting much. The meat will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge but I guess it also depends on how fussy your cats are as to whether they'll eat it if not fresh.
    I'm certainly no expert on the raw stuff yet so hopefully someone more experienced will be able to come along and help too!

9. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

I have read where people portion up the 500grm tub on delivery and then freeze into smaller daily quantities.

10. The Minkey

The Minkey PetForums Member

Ah, that might work. I'd assumed it arrived ready-frozen.

11. spid

spid PetForums VIP

It does arrive ready frozen - it would be a health hazard if it didn't - however, if you partially defrost it you can divide it up and refreeze it.

12. anotheruser

anotheruser PetForums Senior

A cheese wire would be good for this, or a sharp knife.
    My two will go through the 500g tub in a day and a half so it's fairly easy for me. The small amount in their bowl doesn't look very filling :/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice