UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Natural cat wormer please help?

439 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  crazzycatlady 
#1 ·
Hi
Apologies firstly if I’ve done something wrong. It’s the first time I have posted.

I have two rescued Bengal kittens. Currently now coming up to 9 months of age. The vet gave me a wormer for each kitten when we first took them in (milpro). They both had terrible reactions to the wormer to the point off not being able to walk, foaming at the mouth etc. This was just horrific and we thought we would lose the kittens. Fortunately we nursed them through it and they are fit and well now.

I asked my vets for a different wormer when they were due again and they suggested milbemax or drontal. In the end we used a panacur paste which again caused side effects (not as bad).
We haven’t dared worm them again but they are being regularly flead with no side effects. Any suggestions on worm treatments? Has anyone else been through something similar?
Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
What was the wormer you were initially give?

I found liquid Panacur a nightmare, I ended up wearing quite a bit of it, but Panacur granules are very safe and in my experience readily taken mixed in with tasty food. It is a very safe wormer - the data sheet says 'no action' for an accidental overdose. You can buy it on the Internet without a prescription.

#3 ·
What was the wormer you were initially give?

I found liquid Panacur a nightmare, I ended up wearing quite a bit of it, but Panacur granules are very safe and in my experience readily taken mixed in with tasty food. It is a very safe wormer - the data sheet says 'no action' for an accidental overdose. You can buy it on the Internet without a prescription.
Hi thanks for your speedy reply.
I used the panacur paste. I've looked at the spot on products which my vets was trying to push (broadline) too but I think they could be really dangerous to these kittens.
I will try the granules that's a good idea. I will order some online.
I appreciate all your help thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.