Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

nasty people

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by mypets, Jul 2, 2009.

1. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Iv just had an email from someone about how i took in pregnant cat and her brother yesterday and that im rehoming the male, so i can make money on the litter!!

He said "im sick...and that im a f**king slut and to watch my back!! Im gobsmacked...this is what you get for helping out those in need...

I explained that i had to take the boy too, otherwise, he would be shoved in a home, where hel be there for months and months i expect...

but told the owners that i would rehome him, to a loving family, and i wouldnt keep him...got 3 girls now, so thats enough i think!
    not that they cared anyway...

im shocked of this response...:eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut: people are so in the head..

2. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

some people are just out to cause problems

i think its good that you helped rehome them all

3. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

I doubt you'll be making money of the litter considering that you will be paying for food and vet fees should anything go wrong, then the spaying of mum!!! some people just get my goat!!:mad: :cursing: :mad:

We know your doing it for the right reasons ;)

4. shellinch

shellinch PetForums Member

forward the email onto the police for hassassment then lets see them wheep!

5. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

That is just plain horrible :mad: sounds like he needs a good hard slap :cursing:
    it's a good job there's people like you out there, ;) we'll all stick by you well done for taking them xx

6. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Thanks guys, your stars...i felt really upset as i read it...:(

7. celicababe1986

Well look at them two pregnant cats faces, see how happy they are...then that should cheer you up!:p:);)

8. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

yeh will do hun! they are lovely, and im pleased that im their new mum..:wink5:

9. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

He probably just sees '2 free pregnant cats' and for some reason sees £££££!!

when the oposite is true! I dont even want to tell you the amount of money Ive spent in the past 7 months, you might cry, I know I will!! lol!! :eek:hmy:

10. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

What a horrible person!!!! :mad: And even if you are selling the kittens, what business is it of theirs?!? You're helping those poor girls give birth in a safe and loving environment, and good on you for that! :D xx

11. petforum

petforum Administrator
    Staff Member

Dont waste your time even thinking about what they have said, some people truly have nothing better to too with their lives.

12. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

that is jst plain horrible. if youve got nothin nice to say then say nothin at all.

i agree forward it onto the police. do not delete it tho coz you can use it incase they send more.

your doin a fantastic job and we shud all be thankful your being so generous and offering your home to these cats who need help.

ppl like that arent worth the air they breath.

13. Shmitty!

Shmitty! PetForums Senior

I agree with this.

Whether or not you are worried, people are not allowed to threaten you.

14. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

Hiya,

Was this cowardly email anonymous? If not I would definitely report it to the police as a threat has been made.

Carry on the good work.

15. shellinch

shellinch PetForums Member

hiya hows the cats doing now. i didnt realise until just now how badly i selt harrassment lol and still i dunno if its spelt right. oh well here kicks in my dislexia.

i had a cat literally dumped in my grooming salon and she was 2 days from popping kittens. i sold them on but jus to cover me for vets bills and food. plus people who buy kittens are more likely to care for them better as they are willing to pay.

let us know how they are doing and if you forwarded the email onto the police

:)

16. Shmitty!

Shmitty! PetForums Senior

I don't agree that a paid for kitten is better cared for at all.

17. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

That's true. However, it could be argued that if some one has to pay for a kitten, it may make them think more carefully about wether or not they really want the cat and the responsibility that goes within it. If a kitten is free, some people could end up making a snap decision and regretting it later. xx

18. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Iv received all your comments..Im not sure now whether to actually let them go for free...i dont want a family to have one, then later down the line, ask me to have it back because they regret getting one or sale it on to make profit...

But if I charge then, 1) that will cover my expenses and
    2) people would think hard before getting one..

I will need to have a think...but by the sounds of it, you guys dont think they should be free, right?

19. Hi
    I am taking it that it is someone you know as they emailed you! Block their email address then at least you shall now have to read any more of their trash!!
    Well done you by the way!
    regards
    DT

20. celicababe1986

I wouldn't let them go for free. I will be selling mine for about £15-£20 each, to cover the cost of food and care etc. That price will go up if i vaccinate before letting them go to prob about £50 (got to enquire about that). I wont be making any profit on that i dont think. Does that seem fair?

But if your going to continue to rescue these cats then its you that will be paying for everyhting...so a little charge is acceptable. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice