Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Narla has started to slow down :(

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Maiisiku, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

I don't think there can be much that can be done about it. Narla was 2 months old when I got her from the pet shop (they told me she was from the last litter and no one wanted to take her home :( ) We have noticed that she's been sleeping a lot more recently and she's also a bit skinnier than useral. She still runs down and plays with her wheel, climbs in her cage and comes out to hug us. But she's sleeping a lot at night as well as in the day. I'm wondering if it's just old age or it may be something else? She'll be pushing on 6 months which is 1/3 of a syrian's average life span.
    What do you think?

2. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

i wouldnt think it was old age, more likley her teenage years lasted a bit longer and she has just matured enough to calm down a bit. i shouldnt worry too much, if shes happy in herself shes more then likely fine. could it be that shes in season, one of my females used to go a bit funny for a few days when she was in season.

3. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

They do usually mellow out when they get older. That's most likely the cause.

4. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

I hope so, thanks very much. I had a male Syrian last time and he just slept all day and then ran in his wheel all night.

5. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

She's not that old, im sure she'll be fine. Some hamsters just need more sleep than others. Try not to worry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice