Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nappy bags instead of poo bags!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by keeleyjane19, May 15, 2010.

1. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

I have always used nappy bags instead of poo bags as tescos own fragranced bags are 40p for 3 hundred and they are strong and a better colour than black!!

I just went to pets at home and couldn't believe for 100 they were £2!! I could get like 1500 for that price!!

Sorry...I love to have a rant...!!!

Anyway...

What poop bags do you use?

And how many do you get through?

I use cheap nappy bags and get through 30-40 a week, maybe more!!!! xxx

#1 keeleyjane19, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
  2. Colliepoodle

Colliepoodle PetForums VIP

Yeah I always use nappy bags but I draw the line at buying the cheapest of the cheap - they tend to be uber thin and you risk an unpleasant finger/poo interface situation...

And in the defence of proper, black poo bags, they do tend to be nice and thick and they're usually bigger; if I'm doing a daily poo patrol in the garden, you can often fit 4 poos in one bag.

3. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Yeah true!! The tesco ones are strong and seem ok but yes the size is a bum!! I bought some purple biggish nappy bags for a pound for 350 and they are huge and very strong!!!

I suppose you do pay for what you get!!!

But having a baby its so much easier to grab his nappy bags out of his changing bag!! Hehe xx

4. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

Giggle (unless it actually happens)

I found a bag with a hole in the bottom the other day - thank goodness I found it before I went to use it.

5. Colliepoodle

I do like a nice big bag - otherwise you keep thinking "just one more" and then realise you've filled the bag and your fingers are touching poo.... eugh!

I use more nappy bags now than when the kids were babies!!

6. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

I get what ever poo bags/nappy bags are available at the time lol I must admit tho,I find nappy bags tend to be much thinner and you can see the poo through th bag :eek: which totaly ruins my appetite

I got the bone shaped holder ones from wilkos, and ended up buyig some refillable bags for it from pets at home, but after awhile, I thought it was too much to be spending that kind of money of poo bags

then I got about 150 from pound shop for ...... a pound :D
    These tend to be much bigger than the others and as mentioned before, big enough to get more poo in one. So its real cost effective

I wear my garden glove when Im on the poo round, that way there is no worries about incounters of the turd kind ...... specially when a bag splits on a bramble or twig

7. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Eurgh yeah I know about the finger touching poo!! I'm always too eager to pick up the poos and try cram it all in one then Euurrghh, I won't go into it!!

A nice big chunky poop/nappy bag is the way to go, can fit about 4 poops in nicely without touching my hands!!

Although I do live on a farm and often come in covered in cow poo and don't really mind...there is just something about dog poo....!! xx

8. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I use nappy bags. Every one thinks its quite funny at work when I need something out of my pocket and empty a load of nappy bags out onto the table first.

I sometimes use 2 bags one inside the other to prevent burst bags. It means they don't last as long but they are cheap enough anyway.

9. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

I tend to get mine from the range,very cheap and also biodegradable!

10. Jasper's Bloke

Jasper's Bloke PetForums VIP

We had a bit of a clear out recently which turned up two unused packs of nappy bags so I am using them at the moment but they are quite thin. I usually use Tesco value food bags, they are about the right size but nice and long so they cover up over my wrist to avoid any chance of that dreaded finger/poo interface (fantastic description!). Plus they are only about 40p for a roll.

If I have to clear up a few days worth in the garden it just goes into a normal plastic shopping bag with the help of a rubber glove and then into a thick bin bag in a dedicated bin, ready for the council guys to earn their £30k a year!

11. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I use allsorts! Kitchen towel in the run coz Chi poops are tiny and the bin is only a few feet away. Nappy bags on walks/in garden but I always have a roll of poop bags attached to my dog walking bag. (in case of poops on rough ground that might split a nappy bag or just in case I run out of cheap ones):rolleyes:

12. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I buy Morrisons value, something like 20p for 100.

Adequate enough for small doggie poohs:thumbup:

13. katiefranke

katiefranke PetForums VIP

lol!! :lol::lol:

Since feeding maggie raw its really easy to pick her poops up and they are tiny in comparison to what she used to do, so normal poo bags fit lots in!

We do have some tesco blue nappy sacks for the poo round at home, but I always use black poo bags for when I am out as they are smaller and I prefer the black ones! I hate the scented ones though as some smell disgusting before they have poop in and the smell now reminds me of poo...errgghhh

14. Bexy

Bexy PetForums Senior

I am cheapskate and refuse to pay for poo bags - get mine all free from the local council:D

15. Colliepoodle

I know what you mean - the Tesco blue ones smell disgusting!

16. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I don't have a dog at the moment, but I love this thread! :D

17. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

lol!! Thanks, bit random I know, but it's something that I have been thinking about!!! I get through about...hmmm....30 poo bags a week?? Maybe more.....I seem to be forever buying them!! And they are rediculously priced in pet shops!! xx

18. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

We use morrisons pink, fragranced nappy sacks - sometimes takes 2 or 3 to pick up Wolfie poos though! :D :eek: :D

19. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

asdas food bags :lol:

never have to clean up though cause if she goes when we are out its in the rough where i cant pick it up anyhow ! :)

20. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

Me too. And they are far stronger than any ones I have ever found for sale!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice