Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nando

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Podengo, May 15, 2019.

1. Podengo

Podengo PetForums Newbie

l have just had my boy Nando put to sleep... grieving badly

2. Veronica Chapman

Veronica Chapman PetForums Member

Hi Podengo,
    My husband and I have been grieving for our lovely 12 year old cat Benji too:Bawling. Benji had complications from his Chronic Kidney disease with shockingly large Peri pseudo nephretic cysts that required regular drainage. It was kinder to put him to sleep but our pain continues. We miss him terribly but know that he has crossed the Rainbow bridge.
    Your lovely Nando is there too with Benji and they are happy. Please take care x
    Veronica Chapman

Tiggers likes this.
  3. Podengo

Podengo PetForums Newbie

Hi Veronica,
    Gosh , I wish I had been prepared for the overwhelming grief.
    I have been so bereft that I had to see my gp. Nando was the sweetest boy, everyone loved him. Tail never stopped wagging. He went downhill rapidly,so vet advised , to put to sleep , buthad no time to prepare. A week on , still very raw but glad I stayed with him to the end .If Benji could whisper to you now, he would Thank you. I plan on buying a rose bush and will call it Nando’s Rose .Take Care ,
    They are running free... no more pain .

Veronica Chapman and Tiggers like this.
  4. Veronica Chapman

Hello Podengo,
    Thank you for such a sweet message about your handsome Dango and Benji.
    It's a great idea to plant a rose in memory of Dango in your garden. I am positive that Dango will love it too. Do you have another pet that will be missing him also.
    I have kept Benji's favourite toy, a mouse in tiger fabric filled with catnip and his favourite polka dot blanket. Benji was a Bengal, the fabric of his mouse does look like his coat :Cat of fur. We will send his leftover renal tin foods to our local PDSA. Sorry for rambling on.......it's really good to talk.
    Do keep well.
    Veronica x

5. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

@Podengo: It's a lovely idea to plant a rose in Nando's memory; sorry you are feeling so awful without him. @Veronica Chapman: Your boy was very handsome - CKD is a horrid disease; I lost my Gatsby aged just six, two months after diagnosis. It's heart-breaking, even two years on.

Veronica Chapman likes this.
  6. Veronica Chapman

Sorry for your loss Calvine.
    Gatsby was much too young to be taken for CKD.
    Yes it's a horrible disease, so many complications yet our previous cats had it too but they were much older than Benji. We have never ever encountered Peri nephretic pseudo cysts until now. Helen writes comprehensively about this subject in cats. She is the founder of Tanya's
    Support group in the USA named after her 3 cats under www.felinecrf.org.
    We know it's so painful now but hope that you and Podengo are not being put off from giving a lovely life to another pet. We swore that we will never have another cat but there are are so many more pets out there needing love and home. They are all different and lovely in their own way. Yes, Benji was a truly handsome boy, 8 kg large strong, noisy Bengal. We adored him. We are still looking out for Benji daily but know that he is no longer suffering.
    Veronica x

7. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

Run free Nando

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice