UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come, Nancy is off to be neutered today. She is currently roaming the house voicing her fury at the lack of breakfast as loudly as possible.

I wonder if the decent thing to do would be to take her in with a few sets of earplugs for the staff :D.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know! Although the thought of her trying to get under the duvet cover tonight with a buster collar on does make me chuckle, I know I shouldn't but still ;).

·
Registered
893 Posts
Can't believe she's that age already.

Yes, the fasting is definitely the worst part. Will she definitely need a collar? Mine didn't get one and didn't really touch the wound....just the odd lick.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't believe she's that age already.

Yes, the fasting is definitely the worst part. Will she definitely need a collar? Mine didn't get one and didn't really touch the wound....just the odd lick.
That's good to know, it would make things easier if she doesn't need one.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Good luck Nancy :)

Molly didn't need a collar, so you might be lucky! Nancy could still use it to her advantage though .... she wont have a collar, but will still want to come to bed!! You will be so worried about knocking her stitches, you will end up on the sofa!! :D

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Good luck Nancy!
Gosh that came around quickly :eek:

Molly didn't have a collar either, I was so relieved. She never bothered with her wound either :)

Let us know how she gets on and hugs to you x

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hope everything went ok. Just a word of caution re the collar, Bernie got his off somehow and licked the wound until the glue broke down, he ended up with a big piece of suture poking out! It was absolutely fine of course, but rather alarming at the time! My girls were all fine with theirs. Of course, Bernard being a boy, he just had to make a big fuss about it!

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She's back! Everything went well - no buster collar and she has definately made some new friends at the vets :D.

I thought she might be a little subdued but she is racing around like nobody's business now after spending the first half an hour perched on my shoulder berating me for deserting her :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the lovely replies peeps x

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.