Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Name your phobia's?!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Acacia86, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

After drinking much wine (a little too much lol!) and chatting to some friends this evening about my wimpishness i have come to the conclusion i am in fact a hardcore wuss! Lol! my proper phobia's are: (in no particular order) Spiders, insects of any kind, flying insects, lorries, clowns, the dark, small spaces, confined spaces with no exit close by, big crowds, heights, being underground, blood and blood tests, faces at windows, crabs, lobsters, and dead animals (i.e fish) with heads and tails on. Those i freeze, can't touch or look at paper with them on etc. If i do my blood pressure dips and i break out in sweat some i actually pass out! The following aren't phobia's as such but i hate and don't like seeing if i can help it: belly buttons, banana's and their skins and any big machienery, yep i'm strange!! There are just my quirks, my friends think i need help lol! Please don't think i'm that weird everyone has phobia's! I guess i might have more than others though?! I am a normal(ish) girl i promise lol! I'd love to know what everyone else's is? Xxx

2. jenny12386

jenny12386 PetForums Newbie

Man, I though I was a total woss!! I'm scared of biggish-big spiders, wasps, daddy long legs, moths, and falling (which is strange because I love rock climbing). I'm still a little bit scared of the dark too. Stayed in a bothy last summer, and when all the lights where turned out you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. REALLY scary. :eek:

3. LouJ69

LouJ69 PetForums VIP

The only thing that I have a really big phobia about, & you're probably gonna laugh at it, is vomit!! I have a total phobia of seeing it, hearing it, smelling it, anything to do with it. If I'm sick, it takes all of my energy not to pass out from it & it takes me days to recover!!! Honestly I would prefer to have my arm hanging off then have to get sick!! But, here's the funny thing - animals being sick - not a bother!! Doesn't bother me at all!!! I know, I'm a weirdo!! lol

4. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

lorries? LOL bless you. the only thing im really scared off is lakes *shudders* cant look at them or think too much urgghhhh

5. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

ooo mine is similar to urs foxxy! i dont like large areas of water. especially the ocean! scariest place ever! u just dont know whats in there! lakes and reservoirs and lochs also freak me out. oddly enough though, i find underwater sea creatures fascinating but creepy and scary at the same time. tehy can exist, i just dont want to share space with them!!

i also dont like wasps, fast spiders, feet and people touching my ears.

6. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Thanks for your replies! At least i'm not alone in my dodgy phobia's! My friends honestly think i'm really weird for them! Lol! Most of them like to believe their not 'truly scared of little things like that' but they are so in denial lol! I like to think everybody has at least one phobia! And yes lorries foxy!! Ha ha! You'll understand when we have the massive lorries like the uk over here. We are only about 25 miles around this little island! Our roads are like your tiny lanes over there! Our lanes almost like paths that barely fit a small car! The biggest road we have fits about 3 cars across. And thats two going one way one the other! Lol! I have nearly been sandwiched between a granite wall and a massive lorry :eek: twice. Xxx

7. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

i love the ocean ect...just llllakeeeesss urghhh all the duckweed...murky, getting tangled...dragged down....skgvnklsgnewkgbbwn urghh makes me want to vomit. lol my friend wont let people touch her ears....strange! why does it creep you out?

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Monks, bugs, heights and small spaces

9. ninja

ninja PetForums VIP

sorry :eek: but i can honestly say i dont have any :eek:,
    does that make me strange :eek:hmy:, x

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Spiders, clowns, pigeons, lightning, moths (don't mind butterflys though), small places, having my head under the covers, being in water deeper than up to my shoulders, log carrier lorries, cows (was chased many times as a child), being buried alive, opening a crisp packed (or any other packet with writing) up the wrong way, being blocked in on a bus (ie having a stranger sit on the aisle seat next to me, or too many standing passengers), not being able to have more kids, and junkies.

erm.. think that's it... :)

x

11. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Let's see; Wasps, Bees, Mosquitoes, Thunder (Not lightning), Coming down from heights (i'll go up any height just don't expect me to come down easily) and often very loud noises.

Spiders are gross but i'm not scared of them, I used to be but I find more pleasure sicking my dogs on 'em :lol:

12. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I could have sworn i put the open sea! But i obviously didn't! Lol! The wine has done something! I have always been mesmerised and intrigued by the sea/ocean. I have done my own independent study of the living creatures that habit our water world but i am scared of being in it too! Whales and dolphins i just want to study more So i am trying to plan a trip to the norweigen fjords to swim with wild pods of orca whales (killer whales, but that name does not do them justice) no one else wants to dive though :( so i am trying to get my wonderful dad to sit on the big boat and take care of my daughter! Lol! It probably won't be for a couple of years or more, but planning ahead is vital! Lol! I don't mind but its in my top 10 to do! Xx

13. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

I'm scared if injections and noone seems to understand that.

14. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

well really its only when they are dead lightly touched(or tickled i guess) or like people breathing on them. my ex used to freak me out by putting his mouth next to my ear and breathing into it! hate it!! argh

15. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I do kind of see that! I suffer ocd my pin points are cleaniness, tidying and arranging of the house. But i wash my hands so much because i'm afraid of catching any germs! I see germs as the gruesome bugs depicted on tv advert's! Lol! When in real life their not like that! I know it but my disorder tells me different! Lol! I promise i'm not really truly weird just different and individual :D;) lol! Xxx

Doh, i just realised you has out injections not infections.............don't ask!! lol!! I had a couple(!) of glasses of vino and i was on my phone and you can't see properly as the screen is so small, so i should be forgiven.?? please?! xx

#15 Acacia86, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  16. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

One thing I am really genuinely frightened of (and this is probably the most ridiculous one on the forum) is these....

[​IMG]
    :( :( those big whirly brush things on the front... I just don't like them :(

there was one on my front street this morning and I had to run into my room and wait until it'd gone :( I absoloutley hate them.

I don't like bin lorries either. They stink and they're a bit scary too :(

I've got a huge problem with mushrooms, if I think that a mushroom might have been anywhere near my food, I can't eat it. And if I have to, i'll eat all the food except the bits around where I think the mushroom is/was. When we're having something with mushrooms for tea, my parents have to make mine seperately so that I know that no mushrooms have been near it, otherwise it will not get eaten :eek:

I don't like flies that buzz either, or moths, or spiders or the dark or getting up in the night. Once i've gone to bed, then I don't get up again until it's light... I just can't go out onto the landing in the dark, I think it boils back to things that happened in my old house, spooky things :( :eek:

.....now you all know i'm nuts LOL

17. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

My fear of monks beats yours hands down :001_tt2: I've never even met a monk!

18. Deerhounder

Deerhounder PetForums Senior

I can understand that one because I am the same. I feel sick inside and sometimes faint when I have to have an injection or a blood test. Strangely enough I don't mind giving injections to animals. Just can't stand the thought of having one myself.

I also have a phobia about worms and slugs. Watching them makes me feel ill. I don't mind spiders. I wouldn't kiss and cuddle one but I quite like watching them.

My younger sister has a phobia about birds and fish. This dates right back to childhood. Hens in particular terrify her. Her husband is a diving instructor so she is gradually getting used to seeing the photos he takes of fish. She still won't go diving with him in case she meets any fish in person.

19. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

Heights & spiders - although heights im worse with :001_tt2:

20. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

rats, snakes and KKK hoods.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice