Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nala's just been a big brave girl

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by mellowyellow, May 18, 2010.

1. mellowyellow

mellowyellow PetForums Member

Just took Nala out on the lead for the first time since last summer, after meowing from the saftey of the carryer for five mins. She got brave and came out ( she did keep trying to hide in the bush though) lol but then we walked all the way round the block surviving some kids on bikes and some train noises. We only had to go back in the carryer at the flats next to mine as a toddler with his mum came to say hello they were really good did not come to close but Nala had lost the last bit of braveness and refused to go any further.:lol:

2. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awwww thats sweet

3. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

I just posted a thread about walking my cat. Thinking of doing it, so any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4. mellowyellow

mellowyellow PetForums Member

Best bit of advice I can give is to bring a carrier Out with you. I got badly scratched the first time I took Nala out cause she got scared by someone coming to close, freaked tried to back out of her harness I picked her up and she clawed my arm trying to get away.
    Only other thing to remember is there will be times they won't cooperate you have to let them take the lead don't push them. Nala has at times refused to come out of the carrier when I open it on the grass, I just sit with her as she sniffs the air and meows alot:rolleyes:

5. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Thanks! I think i willl try it, i've been putting his lead on him to get him used to it etc so i think he should be ready to venture soon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice