Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nalas been spayed

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by mellowyellow, Aug 18, 2009.

1. mellowyellow

mellowyellow PetForums Member

I had nala spayed today bought a collar just in case, she keeps licking her wound so I put it on but now she seems really unsettled:(:( walking around the house trying to get it off, should I take in off or will she get used to it and how long will it take. Also I looked at the would which has been glued closed and there seems to be an very small area that looks open should I be concerned.

2. bimbleweb

bimbleweb PetForums Member

I would leave the collar on. I know it's horrid but it's for her own good :)

Keep and eye on the wound. If the small opening gets any bigger, I'd contact the vets xx

3. mellowyellow

I’m too soft,:p I took it off for the moment as she could not eat or drink with it on, I’m watching her and I just have to say her name and she stops licking. I will however put it back on before bed was also thinking of putting a bandage over her site? a good idea or not??.
    Her incision is on her tummy and her belly seems to be hanging down more that usual that might be that she has no hair their now:D.
    On a good note she is her usual self crying for more food, the vet told me to give it to her slowly so she’s had 1/2 a pouch and she keeps jumping onto the sofa for cuddles.

4. mellowyellow

update and advise.
    I was a bit naughty and borrowed some tissue glue from work and closed the open bit in nalas wound (figured gluing children’s head wounds and cats stomachs are much the same) the wound is healing great no redness or bleeding and she’s not bothering at it. (The bald bit on her front paw however she’s very cross about and is always cleaning:D:D)
    I took her for her check up with the vet today they said she had a collection of fluid because she’s being too active :rolleyes: told be to try and keep her quiet I tried caging her but both her and simba got very upset that they could not get to each other.:(
    My friend who has lots of cats said they very often get collections and it will go.
    The vet also said that i have to stop her jumping cause she may open her internal stitches, is this common? Cause I‘m not having much success at the no jumping rule as she’s back to playing like a mad loony.
    any advice or reassurance.:idea: she seems her usuall self and is eating and drinking as normal.

5. Faerie Queene

Faerie Queene PetForums Member

Personally - I would crate her.
    If the wound doesn't have a chance to heal at the 'normal' rate, you may find she will have to be crated after all.
    She and Simba will have to be patient.:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice