UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about nails (as in the ones on your fingers) My tips go see through instead of white. Any reason? How can I make them white?

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
Prob just a little on the thin side
I would buy a clear strenghening varnish and near them you will usually find white nail pencils which I wet and run along the underside of my nail to make the tips whiter
Hope that helps

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Nail Envy, nail eat and drink is fab from QVC

Its a bit expensive, but well worth it. I have used it for a few months now and my nails are a lot better than they were :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Mine are see through too. I was told it was because i used to bite my nails and that makes them weak :)

·
Registered
31,193 Posts
Do you wear rubber gloves when you wash up or when using hot water? My nails are quite long but i do end up breaking them when they are a certain lenght because i will not use gloves.

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
Eat jelly and lots of it!! It really works :thumbup: its the gelotine thingy in it! Makes nails strong and healthy :thumbup:

·
Registered
27,670 Posts
Anyone know anything about nails (as in the ones on your fingers) My tips go see through instead of white. Any reason? How can I make them white?
Easy and cheap...............a cube of jelly every day, will take about two to three weeks to start seeing the benefit. But I always used to take them daily, and my nails were very strong without being brittle, I have white nails now and dont need the jelly anymore. My daughers take it too. Have a try.
You can also buy body salts from Health Shops for Hair and Nails, they dont taste like salt so dont worry and they are only small, dont know how much they are now, but were about £4.99

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.