Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

nails too long

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by David Hugh-Jones, Jun 10, 2019 at 4:25 PM.

1. David Hugh-Jones

David Hugh-Jones PetForums Newbie

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Ideally, they could do to be a little shorter but, if the quick is so close to the end, it would be difficult to clip them.

I believe you can buy a file for dog claws, or some use a dremmel, so you can shave off a little at a time.

Actually, the best way to get the quick to shrink back is to regularly take some from the ends.

lullabydream, O2.0 and wee man like this.
  3. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

I have a JRT and an English Bull terrier the JRT nails always look long where as the EBT never need trimming they are walked together on the same surfaces we say he has rat claws my friend has his sister and she can't believe how quick her claws grow compared to her other dogs:)

4. David Hugh-Jones

David Hugh-Jones PetForums Newbie

Thanks for these comments :) I guess I will do a couple of his back claws and relax about the rest

5. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

Personally I would work n all now. Putting it off will store up problems as I have found. My boys now get done when he is having some other procedure. Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice