Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nail care- Dremel sale

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kare, Nov 17, 2016.

1. kare

kare PetForums VIP

Katalyst and Muttly like this.
  2. evel-lin

evel-lin PetForums VIP

that's the one we've got according to amazon. Works well, I need to do Pippin's nails soon actually. Thanks for the reminder lol

3. Muttly

Muttly Fluffy Mutts Rule!

How long does it take to grind a nail? Say if you did it every week? Or based on how often you do it?

4. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

I think you have to do them little and often, cant take too much off at a time because of the quick, unless you can see the quick of course. I have a Dremel 8200 so bigger than the one shown and more powerful and I literally just spend about 10 seconds on each nail. My ultimate aim would be to do them twice a week but in reality I probably do them once every 2-3 weeks! Obviously the longer you leave it in between doing them the longer you will spend on each nail.

Muttly likes this.
  5. Muttly

Muttly Fluffy Mutts Rule!

Thank you. I cut Muttly's every week or 2. But he really doesn't like it anymore, I wonder if the clippers have pinched at some point :(
    If the dremel is that quick, then this may be a good option for him. I tried a human nail dremel on him and it was taking ages...he wasn't that bothered, more interested as he kept trying to put his nose on it :rolleyes:

Some nails are light, some are dark, so difficult to see.

6. evel-lin

evel-lin PetForums VIP

We aim for once a week but often it's a bit longer. I read that the dremel can heat the nail up if it's on too long so I'll hop around between a couple of nails, it's very quick and less scary than cutting with clippers as he's got black nails

Muttly likes this.
  7. planete

planete PetForums Senior

Ahhhh! I bought the same one off B & Q for more a few days ago! I should obviously have waited. It will be my first one and I have been watching some Dremel tutorials on Youtube. After years of trimming all my dogs' nails with clippers for years I cut into the quick when doing one of my dogs a few weeks ago and have felt too nervous of the clippers to use them again since. Keeping nails short with a coarse nail file is no fun. I am hoping we will have an easier life with the Dremel. My developing cataracts do not help me gauge how near the quick I am either with black nails and make me even more nervous now. I am planning on using a low enough speed to trim slowly to avoid hurting the dogs. It will still be quicker than the file hopefully!

8. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

I have a cheap sanding rotary tool that cost me like £20 quid and sands my dogs nails a treat. I do them once a week atleast but more often than not twice a week. A massive pet peeve of mine is long nails.

9. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

I dremel their feeps a few times a week, but Danny is generally every day.....largely because his nails are like this :Shifty.

Muttly likes this.
  10. CollieSlave

CollieSlave PetForums Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice