Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mysterious cuts on face

Discussion in 'Poultry Health and Nutrition' started by AllanaFraser, Nov 20, 2019.

1. AllanaFraser

AllanaFraser PetForums Newbie

Hey

I have a rooster that has cuts on his wattles in the same spot on either side, so I separated him from the rest of the flock as at first I thought the hens where pecking at it but today when I was checking up on him I noticed that there is now a small cut on the top of his comb. Is this a disease or is he managing to some how cut his comb and wattles on something?

Replying back to this would be a great help as I don’t want to worry myself over nothing.

2. NaomiM

NaomiM Love my furry, feathered and finned family

Hi, sorry I don't have any experience with roosters, but as no-one else has replied (this part of the forum is pretty quiet) I'll ask what's probably an obvious question: could there be any loose or damaged wire on your coop or run that he could have caught himself on?

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice