Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

myny is getting very aggressive is this normal for some pregnant cats???

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by donna81, Jul 16, 2009.

1. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

Myny came in to heat a few days after eeny, she is heavily pregnant and i am expecting her to have her babies sometime soon seeing as eeny has hers yesterday.:D
    Myny is usually an incredibly affectionate and loving cat, she wants to be with me all the time and purs at everything.
    Today she has really changed though, she screams at me one min wantin to be with me, the next min though she starts growling at me and really lets me know that shes not happy with me touching her :(
    Is this type of behaviour normal for some pregnant cats or should i be worried? :001_unsure:
    It quite worrying to see her change so much :sad:

2. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

DSC00226.jpg

Photo0706_001.jpg

as you can see she is looking fat bless her,i forgot to say that i can feel her milk sacks along the underside of her tummy and the kittens have slowed down a bit, i would think due to the lack of room!
    with the personality changing, could the babies be coming soon???:D

3. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Hellooooooooooo

some cats either change from being nasty to nice or nice to nasty, so theres nothing to worry about..also she may be feeling left out due to eeny having her kittens yesterday so she feels a change in the household...

I can feel secectas milk sacks under her, so pretty much the same..they are both very big so whats keeping them lol...

#3 mypets, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  4. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

If she is due any moment, she may be having mild contractions that aren't visible but is in some discomfort from time to time. If its her first litter, some of them get a bit confused by these strange things going on in their bodies.

5. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

i know, whats keeping them lol.i hope you soon have some kittens, it must be your turn soon :D
    Ive decided to keep myny in our room with us tonight just to make sure she is ok, she is def acting odd but i guess she could just be getting fed up of being so big bless her, as you can see from the pic i took a few mins ago, she is getting really big now!

Photo0794.jpg

6. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

Morning all, Myny has cheered up a bit this morning, she slept in out room with us last night, she had a bit of an unsettled night last night but that could of been due to it being so warm.
    I think its time to start keeping a close eye on her now :)
    There is a birthing box in the corner of my bedroom and I have put a fresh one in my wardrobe, eeny chose to use the one in the wardrobe so you never know, i might be lucky and myny might too.

Seeing as myny came in to heat a few days after eeny, do you think its likely that she will have her babies soon seeing as eeny had hers on wednesday?:D

7. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

morning! oh well least she has cheered up....yeh she might have them soon then, if she took a few days after, just have to watch her...:smilewinkgrin:

8. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

Any sign of babies at your end yet? its a nail biting time lol
    eeny babies are getting more beautiful by the day :D

9. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

Just been sat having a cuppa and myny went behind the speaker and started scratching around behind the speaker just like eeny did before she had her babies :) i wonder if this could be a bit of a sign or if im just reading too much in to it lol

10. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

fingers crossed!! x

11. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

ive got everything crossed at the mo! im hoping she wont be too long, eeny came in to heat first and myny was a couple of days later, eenys babies are 2 days old now so it must be mynys turn soon :D Then it will be mos tunn, she came into heat a few days after myny, we are soon going to be over run by kittens :D:D

12. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

One of my girls has turned into the fiend from hell during her pregnancy. She is still absolutely fine with me but hates all the younger cats (though for some reason she tolerates the older girl she used to hate). Trying to keep her away from the others, or even to keep enough distance to allow everyone to pass safely, is proving difficult. I have two spare pens outside but in this weather I would feel guilty about shutting her out, it might have to come to that in the end though. Meanwhile one of my other girls seems to be working up to calling because the rather pretty tomcat who always comes round where they are has been hanging around for days, poor thing, I can't get anywhere near him but at least he has access to my shed to get out of the rain. I assume he is eating the food I put out for the hedgehogs because otherwise he would be starving by now. I wish the girl would just get on with it and call so I can shut her in with my stud and get it over with!

Liz

13. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

Ive just had a look behind the speaker and there is a take away menu behind there that she has shredded :thumbsup:
    ooh i wonder if we will have more babies over the weekend :001_tongue:

14. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

Hi lizward, i guess you are a breeder? :) I dont know how you do it , i dont mean that in a bad way but its sooo stressfull :eek: i took on 4 cats a few weeks ago and the 3 girls were pregnant, one of the girls had her kittens on wednesday and the other two are due quite soon. ill def be getting the girls spayed as soon as i can :thumbsup: i dont think i could take the stress of being a breeder lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice