UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not since he heard a Meow in his bedroom at night. You may think this is nothing unusual, but we had our beloved Scamp pts in June at the age of 17, well anyway after I told him I awoke to loud purring in my ear, he laughed at me and thought I was crazy. I told him to just wait and see if he had any experiences and if he did then he would understand I wasn't mad. Well he gingerly asked me if I had heard a cat last night that went MEOW, of course I hadn't but I think in that moment he understood :) I have two sons and this one struggled more with losing Scamp, the other is laid back and accepts this was the way it had to be, despite his obvious feelings of loss (he was closer to Scamp) I feel that this was Scamp's final goodbye at a time when my son was ready to accept his loss and I'm truly grateful that he sent his reassurance and love and said goodbye to him. Am I mad, who knows, I can only go by my own experiences, but they have brought such comfort and closure, I only wish that others experience the same :)

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I think those we love and who love us stay with us. Scamp was there, just letting him know that.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you look on my posts on rainbow bridge about teddy, I had a few instances where I was sure he visited me and I have been woken up with purring in my ear too. I don't feel so crazy now reading yours! :D

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks
14,968 Posts
I'm so pleased Scamp came to visit your Son :) How lovely for him to experience what you have :)

I truly believe our beloved pets that have passed on to rainbow bridge are always with us, they may not let us see or hear them but I know I can feel them :)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just read them, glad you got visits too. I know mine weren't imagined and yes I was completely sober :D I haven't had any more visits myself since the last one, but I think that's because I have got to the acceptance stage :) My son has never had any experiences like this before but he tells me that the meow was as clear as crystal. I don't think we are mad really, just privileged to be able to tune in :) Hope you still feel the presence of Teddy xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.