UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wee puppy refuses to eat and drink from his bowls. He eats / drinks no problem from our hands, or if we put some food on the floor away from his bowl. He seems to be afraid of the bowls, he'll stretch towards them and have a sniff and then back away round behind us. My problem is i'm abit worried that he isn't drinking as much water as he should be, he's not dehydrated in any way, full of energy and we offer him plenty of water cupped in our hands. He has the vets tomorrow for his worming thing so will have a word about it. Just hoping it doesn't remain an ongoing thing with him, especially with not taking from his water bowl. :confused:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah he has plastic bowls, we got new ones, have tried clear ones too, he's just not having it. We also have a tropical fish tank so there is the running water sound from that. I'm hoping its just a case of encouragement, I sat for a long while on the kitchen floor last night with him, trying to encourage him with the water but he isn't for having it, he's stubborn :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If they are metal does her refection freak her out perhaps? Or do her tags clang on the bowls? A friend had a dog that was reluctant to eat from his bowl until one day his collar was off and he was fine - she guessed it was the tags on the bowl.
We don't keep a collar on whilst at home so it can't be that, I've tried everything I can think of with him I just don't want him going thirsty at any time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.