Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My weapon is a dog

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Spudlover, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Spudlover

Spudlover PetForums Member

BBC Three screened a documentary last night with the above title.

In it, Rickie Haywood-Williams meets the young men who take dangerous dogs onto the streets and asks whether dogs have become the new weapon of choice. He discovers that some owners deliberately train and abuse their animals to make them vicious attack dogs, and learns that the most iconic and feared dog of all, the pit bull, is back on our streets.

You can view the whole documentary on the BBC's website:

BBC - BBC Three Programmes - My Weapon Is a Dog

It was shocking to see what goes on in some of our streets. And really makes me wonder what goes on in these people's heads. Surely a normal person doesn't do the things you see described in this film.

2. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

I saw that and it was horrible.

3. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I saw it and didn't like it. None of those idiots had any idea how to properly look after a dog with the exception of the guy with the rottweiler who was just amazing. But from asking people its very hard to train an attack dog and make it aggressive even the police and Schutzhund dogs aren't trained to be aggressive they'd be really bad at their job if they were. It was hugely exaggerated but its the BBC they're not famous for making sensible documentaries about dogs.

4. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

The dogs in the vet surgery were awfull.

5. minizoo

minizoo PetForums Junior

i belive a test should be put in place that everyone has to pass to be allowed to own animals x

6. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

yeah i watched it, i posted something baout it on here last night.

was horrific. poor dogs.

7. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Yes I saw your post last night so I watched it on BBC i-player, It was awful how anyone in their right mind would teacher a dog to attack is beyond me, I just hope if they do attack it's their owners they turn on.

And that puppy at the vets, that made me cry. I just wish they find it's owner and they could lock them up and throw away the key and let the other prisoners lose on them.

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Seen it a few months back, it's terrible :(

9. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

watched it a bit back. it made me cry, the first bit the kids caught on camera attacking the dog. awful. some people really should be killed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice