UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's photos of my little cats - the first is of my cat, Felix, who sadly died earlier this year when old age caught up with her. She was a rescue cat who came from the Edinburgh Cat Protection League and who was with me for 14 years. A shy little domestic longhair, she was my best buddy, and parting with her was just traumatic. But, she made me so happy, there was never any question of my not getting another cat.

And the second photo is of my new cat, Ruby Tuesday, who is a 16 month old persian I've had now for a week :) She's not as shy as Felix (UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!) but a wonderful natured cat that I'm starting to fall for. Two more different cats you'll never meet, but I love them both

Attachments

·
Registered
39,165 Posts
sorry to hear you lost felix, she was a gorgeous looking young lady.:) and just look at ruby tuesday the fluff ball, how cute is she, hope to see lots more pictures of her.:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
They are all so different, aren't they? Sorry about Felix, I lost our eldest in November and it is utterly heart wrenching. I'm glad you have Ruby Tuesday to share good times with!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just looked back over those photos and even looking at Felix gives me a wee tear. Even the last night I had her, the vet took her from the box and commented on her big long white whiskers - I found one of them under the bed about 3 weeks ago, and yes, I've kept it. The sadness doesn't really go, but at least it isn't at the forefront of your mind the whole time.

Ruby Tuesday is so different, thankfully so. I would't want them to be alike as she needs to be her own wee cat. They're both so special to me in their own very different ways. Felix very dainty, very petite and graceful like a little ballet dancer, Ruby is more like a bulldozer or a big bear crashing into everything she meets but very friendly. She makes me laugh - after Felix died, I needed to laugh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.