Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My Tigga has a LUMP?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by kneecie-knitting, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kneecie-knitting

kneecie-knitting PetForums Newbie

Hi fellow Cat folks.... I've never posted before but i have a question if anyone can help?

Tigga is roughly 18mnths young girl cat... been spayed. Just got over a couple days of cold ...off food and wet mouth etc..shes fine now but ive just found a small lump behind her front right leg at the top , under the skin..
    It moves slightly and feels like a small cadbury chocolate button for example of shape size..
    Any ideas?? or is this just how things are now with all the Chemtrailing... I'm typing this fast as i feel Alzheimer's setting in myself...

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

The best way to find out is to make an appointment with your vet and have the lump checked out.

3. kneecie-knitting

I have little money... the last visit to vet they gave her an antibiotic shot.. value of about 26p and charged me 50Quid for it.

4. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

It doesn't matter. Having a pet requires vet care. It is good you had her spayed, though not sure why your cat had an antibiotic injection, was she sick at some point? Where did the vet inject the cat? (what part of the cat's body) Wondering if the lump is a reaction to the injection.

sandy-cat likes this.
  5. kneecie-knitting

She had the the 50 quid shot because of a bite she'd gotten.. unrelated really and this was 10 months ago..
    I'm quite good with my hands and spayed her myself... very good tutorial on youtube.
    This lump is different from a bite.. its under the skin and i can touch it without her feeling any discomfort..

#5 kneecie-knitting, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  6. Saffy Cat

Saffy Cat PetForums Member

I’m not sure what you meant by spaying her yourself?

Maybe you live near a Blue Cross charity. Please contact them to see if you would be eligible for free veterinary treatment! Spaying can also be done for free or low cost by many charities if you enquire around.

https://www.bluecross.org.uk/veterinary

sandy-cat and lorilu like this.
  7. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I don't know what it is you have done to your cat but spaying is major abdominal surgery, an operation done under general anesthesia to remove the internal reproductive organs to prevent estrus and pregnancy. It is not something you can do yourself, no matter how good you are with your hands.

The lump cannot be diagnosed on the internet. You will need to take her to the vet to find out what it is, and what treatment (if any) is needed.

8. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

You have a duty of care to your cat and no one can say what this lump is on an internet forum. If you are struggling financially look for a PDSA clinic in your area.
    And, as others have said, spaying is surgical procedure and not something you could have done yourself. It is also illegal to perform such surgery unless you are a qualified vet.

#8 lymorelynn, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    sandy-cat, LinznMilly, lorilu and 2 others like this.
  9. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

I expect the cat is not spayed and they were being facetious.

@kneecie-knitting I know quite a lot about feline lumps. We could talk all day about them if I had the time - which I don't. But I already know I have NO idea what the lump on your cat is from a description, nor would I know from a photograph.

If you want to find out what it is, you will need to see the vet (and be prepared for the possibility of the requirement for diagnostic tests). If you don't want to go to the vet, then you're a bit stuck, I'm afraid.

OrientalSlave and chillminx like this.
  10. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

In the first post OP did volunteer the information the cat is spayed. It's only later, after being told the cat needed the vet, OP claimed to have done it at home.

11. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I assumed the OP was intending to be humorous when claiming to have spayed the cat at home. The mention of "a very good tutorial on Youtube" kind of gave away that they were not being serious.;) ;)

@kneecie-knitting - £50 is a heckuva lot of money for one shot of antibiotics and a consultation. I advise you to phone around all the vets in your area and ask what it would cost for your cat to be seen by a vet.

Or if you are on welfare benefits you may qualify for your cat to be treated free at a PDSA Clinic, an RSPCA hospital, or a Blue Cross Clinic, if you are near any of those.

12. Saffy Cat

Saffy Cat PetForums Member

@chillminx OMG I wasn’t sure. I did hope it was a joke. Read late at night and they didn’t use any emoji to make it obvious enough for me. I was hoping they would clarify.

kimthecat and chillminx like this.
  13. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I am more inclined to think they intended to be inflammatory rather than "humorous" because it certainly isn't funny. I'm getting pretty tired of people who don't want to "waste money" at the vet. Maybe I need a break from PF.

Forester, chillminx and buffie like this.
  14. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Not "liked" because you feel the need to have a break from PF but I agree with you , why on earth would you sign up to a forum to ask a group of strangers for advice instead of going to your vet :confused: .

Forester likes this.
  15. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

Though costs can vary by area, I'd say that's not far off average if the antibiotic injection in question was Convenia. Average consult price is £25-35, and the Convenia injection is nearly the same again (it's an expensive option compared to comparable oral antibiotics). In some parts of the country, I've seen the cost of a Convenia injection for an average-sized cat climb towards £50 on its own.

ETA: @lorilu just seen that cat is spayed, my apologies to the OP. I still suspect the YouTube comment was mere whimsy, however.

#15 Ceiling Kitty, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    chillminx likes this.
  16. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Thanks CK. I didn't fully realise what 'good value' I am getting from my own vet practice when it comes to charges. :D

kimthecat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice