UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave a 2 1/2 year old Springer and he wont go out for a wee for me any more. He will fir my wife and kids but He just gets in his basket for me. Please help, we are having a few behaviour problems at the moment with him so i will post them to once i get this sorted. He's a great dog and we have a great relationship i just don't understand this recent behaviour

·
Registered
14,449 Posts
Mmmm are you sure you haven't said or done something to frighten him?

There has got to be a reason for this behaviour but without much more detail it's difficult to guess what it is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It maybe the first few times he wouldn't go out I picked him up and put him outside. Other than that he's really good, comes back on recall whilst walking off the the lead and retrieving toys I throw for him on our walks. I I am about to try a clicker with him but running our of ideas.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Have you tried putting a lead on and taking him out at heel with a nice treat to lure him? Then heap on the praise and a further treat when he is out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.