Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My special boy.

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by willma, Apr 9, 2011.

1. willma

willma PetForums Newbie

Hello, I am new to this forum, but I need to share some of my thoughts about my precious cat. We live in a quiet suburb, and have owned cats for years. Six weeks ago my little tabby boy went out for his walk early on a sunday morning, and never came home again. I have leafleted and postered, knocked on doors and walked the streets at all hours to no avail. He never went near roads as he was so very nervous. I can't seem to stop looking down the garden waiting for him to turn up, tail aloft and mewing his cheery greeting when he saw me. I have never lost a cat like this before, and am really struggling to come to terms with the not knowing what has happened. Some people I spoke to were also really upsetting to me. I know not everyone lies cats, but I just needed to make sure I had done everything possible to find him if he was shut in somewhere. If this has happened to you, how have you dealt with it? Thanks for reading if you have got to the end of this post.

2. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, Never give up!, six weeks means nothing to a cat, until you know otherwise there's always hope!. wayne.

3. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I am so sorry what you are going through at the moment. Like wayne has said six weeks is not long for a cat to go walk about.
    Firstly is he neutered?
    I know you have put leaflets and posters up but i would now put an advert in your local paper with a good picture of him.
    I did this last year when our Harley went missing and it was the advert in the paper that got him back to me.
    You can put the advert in for 3 days at a time. I would say Friday, Saturday and the Monday is best.
    We put ours in for 3 weeks and it was on the third week that we got that important call.
    Never give up.
    On my travels looking for mine people told me that theirs went missing for six months and just turned up as if nothing had happened.
    Also is he micro chipped?
    I would give the council a ring to see if they have picked him up. I know this is not a nice call to make but it's better to know than not.
    There is a lost and found site on here so pop him on here as well.

Be positive and I hope your wish will come true x
    Jill

4. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Could be too that you are searching too close to home - I have heard that some peoples cats travel a few miles each day.

What about putting a post up in the local school - Kids have a habit of playing in the oddest of places - might be worth trying.

I hope you find your special boy - keep positive and don't give up until you know for sure. :smile:

ps keep us updated and all the very best.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice