Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

my skinners order arrived :D

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by JJAK, Jun 3, 2010.

1. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

So, this morning we start swapping the dogs onto skinners - duck and rice field and trial - hypoallergenic obviously ;),

i thought id open the bag and see what they thought before they had their breakfast, well, the collie cant get enough of it...and as usual the Russell isn't too impressed the fussy b*gger!

Would just like to say a huge huge huge thank you to everyone that helped me find a new dog food for my fussy mutts,

Without you lot wed still have upset stomachs, TERRIBLE wind, one dog eating, one not eating, one eating enough grass to bald wembley football stadium. so yet again - thankyou for all your advice and opinions :)

Woofs and licks from Jess & Kai xx

Attached Files:

2. tsgray70

tsgray70 PetForums Member

Well after reading your previous thread I have emailed them to ask for a sample. Here's hoping Amy likes it.

3. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

They were so helpful, i got a lady called 'rebeka' help me, she just needed to know abit of info on the dogs lifestyle and she sent the samples right away, they were here within 48hours and the dogs picks their favourite instantly =]

i hope your dog likes it :D let me know if she does x

4. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Brilliant it's arrived and you are happy. Great to have all those feeding issues behind you. Hope the little J Russell starts to enjoy it too. My little JR x wouldnt even try the duck and rice but woofed down the salmon and rice. I swear she knew it was the most expensive :D:D

5. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

More than likely, it must be good, i weighed it all out, gave them 1/4 skinners 3/4 wagg....and its the first time ever the collie hasnt eaten all her dinner...
    the JR yet again didnt eat all his...but at least hes eating more than he usually would which im impressed about. Re e-mailed the nice lady and shes reccomended a different one for him "ruff and ready" i think it was called...to help him put/keep on weight! Thankyou for your help, you were a god send!!

Mum2Heidi likes this.
  6. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

are the samples free??

I dont want to buy some if she's not gunna eat it

7. xxsarahpopsxx

xxsarahpopsxx PetForums VIP

yup they're free - i got some sent to my house, my parents and also my sisters houses hahahaha :thumbup:

8. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

yepps all free :)
    they just need to know a little bit about your dogs; how much exercise they get, if they have any dietary intolerances, if their spayed or neutered, what breed thay are and if they have an weight issues....

then they send out ones which they think are appropriate for your dog :)

were extremely helpful :D

9. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Am glad they seem to like Skinners. We changed our 2 on to Skinners a couple of months back and it's been brilliant. I was becoming worried about our OES as she wouldn't eat hardly anything and was losing weight but since contacting Skinners and changing them onto the Salmon & Rice she is now eating like never before & gaining weight - it is such a relief. It has also been good for our Beagle who has a very sensitive tummy and he has no problems with it. :thumbup:

10. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

Those were exacally the reasons we changed our dogs feed,
    the russell barely eats and struggles to put weight on and keep it on...as he likes to run round like a nutter....but not eat!
    and the collie has a funny tummy, the minute she looks at a food with cerial/addatives in her belly gives up and lets say what comes out the other end isnt pretty!!!

11. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

awsum, will get some soon then :thumbup:

she will be goin on dry till we get our own place as our housemates dont like us preparing raw in their kitchen :rolleyes:

12. hobo99

hobo99 PetForums VIP

My 2 dogs have been on their "Duck and Rice " for over a year and they both love it , :) although i do also feed raw tripe .

13. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Great I'm sure you'll see the difference.

14. tsgray70

tsgray70 PetForums Member

I sent them an enquiry yesterday and just had this fantastic response. Very nice people.

Many thanks for your e-mail enquiry regarding Skinner’s Dog Foods

I am happy to send you a sample of the Skinner’s Lamb & Rice Sensitive, and I am also sending a sample of the Field and Trial Duck & Rice. Itchy skin can be caused by numerous triggers, some of which are environmental, some are dietary and others are have emotional causes. Where the itchy skin is related to diet, the trigger is usually wheat gluten. Both the Lamb & Rice and Duck & Rice are wheat gluten free. The Lamb & Rice is coated in chicken fat, whereas the Duck & Rice is coated in sunflower oil. Sunflower oil is reputed to help the skin to retain moisture, and should help the skin not to be so dry and itchy. Although the Duck & Rice is in the Field and Trial range, many pet dogs are fed this diet with excellent results.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information regarding Skinner’s products

Kind Regards

Rebekah Thompson
    Customer Services Advisor
    Roger Skinner Ltd, The Mills, Stradbroke, Eye, Suffolk IP21 5HL.
    Tel. 01379 384247 Fax. 01379 388143

15. TheJockess_&_WeeAngus

TheJockess_&_WeeAngus PetForums Junior

That's great to hear. I too switched my Springer to Skinners F&T, duck & rice as he has a sensitive tummy and he also had itchy skin. But since swapping him, it seems to agree with him in all aspects. No more itchiness and a lovely shiny coat, but I do still have the occasional soft stools but I think this is down to him eating stuff he shouldn't i.e., stuff in the garden.

I too emailed Skinners and found them to be very helpful indeed. :thumbup:

16. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

they were very heplful indeed, i emailed them today about a friends dog and they got back to me within 10 minutes. Fantastic customer service!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice