UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
i saw the trailor for this film and have just bought the book. Has anyone read it?:)
It's very good - all I'll say is keep a box of tissues near when you are reading it

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Jodi picoult is the writer shes a brilliant one at that!

I loved the book, very sad and really makes you think i can imagine the film wont be as good tho they never are

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
i saw the trailor for this film and have just bought the book. Has anyone read it?:)
YOU ALL NEED TO STOP POSTING THREADS ON STUFF I AM WANTING TO POST ABOUT LOL

Yes love the book. Can't wait for the movie :)

G

·
it has been on my reading list for a while and I am going to get it at the library today (if I can).

I have read Change of Heart by the same author which I recommend. It is REALLY good but it had me sobbing my ... heart... out! I have to get up the courage to read My Sister's Keeper after that :p

·
Registered
827 Posts
This was the first audiobook I ever listened to when I got my i-pod. Amazing story with unexpected twists and turns. Watch out for the end as well - hit me like a steam train and couldn't stop thinking about the story for days.

Very reluctant to see the film now though in case they've changed the story around too much.

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
This was the first audiobook I ever listened to when I got my i-pod. Amazing story with unexpected twists and turns. Watch out for the end as well - hit me like a steam train and couldn't stop thinking about the story for days.

Very reluctant to see the film now though in case they've changed the story around too much.
i know what you mean. But i always still want to see the movies to see what a difference there is.

There are only 2 movies in the world i have watched that seem to fare well from the book, The Devil Wears Prada and The Notebook. I was going to put a Walk To Remember but i haven't actually READ A Walk to Remember.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I was going to put a Walk To Remember but i haven't actually READ A Walk to Remember.[/QUOTE]

That made me laugh!! At least the film can't disappoint you that way :D

I get terribly frustrated at the way they chop and change the story in films so much. Prime example was I am Legend - although I enjoyed the film (mainly cos Will Smith was in it lol) I spent a lot of time going - well, that's not how it happens in the book.....

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
i know what you mean. But i always still want to see the movies to see what a difference there is.

There are only 2 movies in the world i have watched that seem to fare well from the book, The Devil Wears Prada and The Notebook. I was going to put a Walk To Remember but i haven't actually READ A Walk to Remember.
That made me laugh!! At least the film can't disappoint you that way :D

I get terribly frustrated at the way they chop and change the story in films so much. Prime example was I am Legend - although I enjoyed the film (mainly cos Will Smith was in it lol) I spent a lot of time going - well, that's not how it happens in the book.....
Exactly. I think i don't want to read the book, the film to me is amazing and my favourite by far. If i read the book i will be disappointed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.