Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My Saluki - just found a very strange spot on his back

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by angethehippy, Jul 8, 2009.

1. angethehippy

angethehippy PetForums Junior

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this before I rush him to the Vet.

Just been grooming Luke, he's almost 8 years old and I've just noticed on the back of my Saluki (not Pedigree), an area only approx. 1/2 cm wide that looks like a blister. I've taken an image of it. He doesn't show signs of discomfort. It's NOT a tic or a tic site.

I'll try to attach an image:

Anyone know what this is please?

thanks

Attached Files:

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Looks likes a wart. Many dogs get them as they get older.

If you are worried, get your vet to check its not something more sinister, but im pretty sure its a wart. One of mine has a few.

3. angethehippy

Hello Nonnie,
    Many thanks for such a fast reply! Hope you're not a neurotic pet owner too :eek:ut::D
    As I said, no pain from it at all. I'll watch and see how it goes over next few days - otherwise ANOTHER expensive Vet visit. Strange though - I named the image 'wort' to find it easily on my desktop!

Cheers,

Ange
    x

#3 angethehippy, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I had mine checked by a vet, just incase it was something more serious. They tend not to remove them as they are pretty harmless.
    Most vets can diagnose them just by looking at them, but some may need a biopsy.

Just be careful when you groom, as they will bleed a bit if you catch them. My dog has 5, and they dont bother him at all. He had one removed as he caught it, then kept licking it, so it was best for it to come off. That was about 2 years ago, and hes had no problems with any of the others.

Sebaceous Adenoma

5. angethehippy

Thanks Nonnie, yours is probably as loved as ours is. He's a Gold and White boy, found online in Galway Ireland. Almost dead when he was rescued and in that pound for 8 months. Has he changed in the 6 years he's been with us though.

What a fabulous breed ... IF you're prepared to give them the exercise they need, keep them ON lead in the streets (outs has NO recall) and away from cats - having said that, our Son's cat slapped him on the nose when they met - he won't go near her now!!

Ange
    x

6. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

They are such noble looking dogs. I like sight hounds in general.

Well done for taking on a rescue.

You'll have to post some pics :)

7. angethehippy

Morning Nonnie and everyone

I'll get a bit more organised today and dig some out. I'll shock some readers though, the first ones we took was on the day we bought him home. I still find it hard to look at them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice