Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My Ragdoll Kitten keeps meowing-HELP

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Raymond Poon, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Raymond Poon

Raymond Poon PetForums Newbie

Hi Everyone

I have 2 Ragdoll kittens aged 1 a boy and a girl, both are spayed and neutered, the problem I’m having is the boy keeps meowing constantly and at times loudly, it gets so loud I’m worried my neighbours will complain as I live in a flat. I’m at work often and it’s just him and his sister at home.

He would sometimes come towards me but then run off meowing loudly again so I was wondering if anyone here has experience of this and more importantly how to resolve this? I’ve had them since they were babies so I really don’t want to give him up but I haven’t been able to sleep in months

2. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@Raymond Poon
    Could he want to play? He should have lots of energy at that age. Do you have wand toys like a Da Bird?
    My cat sometimes dashes about when he wants to play.
    Maybe wearing him out with energetic games will help.

buffie likes this.
  3. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

As @Summercat has said it sounds as though he wants you to play with him.My Raggie now 8 years old still yells commands to me when he is bored and wants me to play with him.
    How long are you out at work for and how much time do you spend playing with your cats ,Wand toys such as Da Bird/Flying Frenzie usually get cats running around and satisfy their hunting instincts even just throwing ping pong balls around for them to chase can often occupy them for a few minutes

4. crystalwitch

crystalwitch PetForums Member

Since you have had them since they were babies, I assume that the constant meowing is fairly new? If so, could he be trying to tell you that he has a pain or is unwell? Is he eating, drinking, weeing and pooing normally? But, as @Summercat says, it could just be that he has loads of excess energy and wants to play - you say that you are out at work often, and that the kittens are left alone, so they are probably bored by the time you come home, and while you just want to relax and wind down, they have built up their energy and are raring to go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice