Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My rabbit

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Ellie9, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Ellie9

Ellie9 PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone! I would like some advice. I have had my house rabbit, Larry, since April. He is perfect and I love him, however since he is an indoor rabbit I can't put him outside in the winter as it is too cold for him. Usually I put him outside in the spring and summer during the day so he can run around. I suspect that due to this, he is feeling a bit down and not his usual self. I was wondering if maybe getting another house bunny as a companion (would be a neutered female) may help him out? I'm a bit hesitant to introduce a female into his environment because I know they are territorial and I don't want them to fight. Any advice?

2. Corneal

Corneal Shelly

A bunny friend would be great. To do this you should take away a room or two from your rabbits and give them to new rabbit. Once everyone is settled and spayed/neutered (the boy needs to be neutered too) then you can bond them in a room or space that neither of them have acces to. Then once they are happy together you need to run around the house spraying EVERYTHING they come into contact with, with a vinegar and water solution in a spray bottle. Then let both of them out in the same room together and they should see the house as neutral territory

Ellie9 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice