Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My rabbit just died and I don’t know how

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Lianapason897, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Lianapason897

Lianapason897 PetForums Newbie

So I was heading down to check on my rabbits in the afternoon. I then saw that they had tipped there water bowl over and lunch had gotten wet, I let them have a bowl because they struggled to drink out of a bottle and they much preferred the bowl. My first choice was to wrap the rabbit in a towel to warm him up, not knowing exactly how long she had been wet. She wasn’t completely soaked but she had a bit of water on her however the rabbit had been very still and didn’t move which I found weird, but I though she was just relaxing like she normally did. When I picked her up she was completely still. The other rabbit was fine and had not gotten wet, moving around normally.

I took her to the living room and wrapped her up in a towel and rubbed her cheeks and such but quickly she started to go limp, she started to lay down and would tilt her head, not moving at all. My first response was to call my parents who came down and also tried to warm the rabbit up, as she had gone very cold and may needed to be warmer. She then started to shake her head while going limp and her arms would struggle while her legs were limp. She then slowly died till me and my parents knew she had no heart beat.

Before hand, a couple of days a ago she had gone in the garden but she was fine straight after going out and was hopping around.

2. Dogwood1

Dogwood1 May_the_dog be_with_you.

Very sorry that your rabbit passed away.

[​IMG]

#2 Dogwood1, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice