Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My rabbit is pregnant and making a weird noise

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Carly895, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Carly895

Carly895 PetForums Newbie

Hi, my rabbit lucky is 6 years old and accidentally got pregnant for the first on the 29th January.
    She only 25 days into her pregnancy but seems to be showing possible signs of labor.
    She seems to be breathing heavily and making what sounds like a granting noise.
    Can anyone help explain?

2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums Senior

She's quite senior for a first pregnancy, do you have a good rabbit-savvy vet on hand? I would be very concerned about complications and if she's making noises it's a sign of her being in pain. Rabbits can give birth early or abort their babies, they can also have prolapses, especially if she's straining, so you need to check her hind end. Definitely give a rabbit-savvy vet a ring.

3. Carly895

Carly895 PetForums Newbie

thank you.
    I’ve just called my vets and they said it sounds like she’s going into early labour and to keep an eye on her.

4. kobelove

kobelove PetForums Newbie

Hopefully all is ok, keep us posted

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice