Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My pyrenean mastiff Onni :)

Discussion in 'Dog Photo Galleries' started by Remus, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Remus

Remus PetForums Newbie

Hey everyone, I'm bored so I thought I would share some random photos of my dog with you :)

Attached Files:

2. Remus

Remus PetForums Newbie

...I don't think I'm doing this right, compared to other peoples threads... :mad:

#2 Remus, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  3. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Tervetuloa.

Kaikki on hyvin :thumbup:

Komea eläin.

Mistä ostat koiran

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Gorgeous big boy :)
    Not a breed I've seen before - he's lovely.

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Very handsome boy not a breed I've really heard of before but gorgeous

6. Remus

Remus PetForums Newbie

Haha, thank you very much, though "mistä ostat koiran" doesn't make much sense to me, our crazy language doesn't really like translators :glare:

Fleur and Nicky10 - thanks! I received an email today from English Kennel Club, they told me that the total of 5 Pyrenean Mastiff's have been imported and registered on the Kennel Club breed register in the last 10 year, so I suppose that's why you haven't heard too much about this breed :)

Instead of going to sleep, I decided to share some more photos. As you can see, I cut Onni's hair short sometimes when it's summer since he tends to get hot spots easily. :rolleyes::

Attached Files:

7. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

He's a beautiful lad :)

8. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Hes a really stunning dog, not a breed Ive ever seen before though, he looks like a big cuddly bear :eek:.

9. Angie2011

Angie2011 PetForums VIP

OMG! he's GORGEOUS!! :D welcome! :)

10. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Going to have to repeat what everyone else has said :lol:

He's wonderful! I've never seen one before either!

Welcome to the forum!

Em
    xx

11. Zaros

LMAO! Mistä minä tiedan. En puhuu suomen kieli hyvin koska olen englantilainen. On vaikkea puhua. :rolleyes::

Odd how the language they teach in some Finnish colleges doesn't really work on the street especially now the present day youth appears to be abbreviating everything and confusing matters even further. What's more you folks speak so bloody fast it gets hard to follow.
    The logic of the mechanics throws you too and I've spent many hours trying to figure out how two obvious words when put together as in 'Light' and 'House' 'Valo' and 'Taloa' dont make 'Lighthouse' but 'Majakka' does?:glare:
    Höpöhöpö! ;)
    The breeder from whom we bought one of our dogs (Sarplaninac) also breeds Pyranean's. (About 20 dgs in total) His place is like land of the bloody giants and despite their often notorious temperaments they all seem to get along just fine.
    Mind you he does have his hands full 7 days a week. That's an awful lot of sh1t to shift!
    Oscar likes to play with a pyranean named 'Poikka' they're so rough together I'm surprised they don't smash each other to bits.:blink: :001_smile:

12. shells

shells PetForums VIP

he is gorgeous and looks so diffrent with short hair x

13. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Very handsome boy :D

14. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

Wow what an amazing dog! He's beautiful and he looks very proud of his rosettes and trophies. Thank you for sharing your pictures.

15. loulou87

loulou87 PetForums Junior

lovely but BIG! even compared to the shepherd! good to see something differennt and love his spotty nose :)

16. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

Wow he's beautiful, how old is he?

17. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

Wow - he's a stunner! :thumbup:

18. Remus

Remus PetForums Newbie

Haha, I guess our language is really hard to learn and understand, and I really don't know why we have so many words for everything, majakka is a great example how we like to make language things really complicate :rolleyes:: How come you know so much about finnish by the way? Is it like a hobby? :D

Sarplaninacs are so very gorgeous dogs, do you get lots of attention when you walk your big dogs in the street in England? As I know in Finland people are always really curious about giant dogs and keep asking things all the time :blink: Does this breeder where you bought your dogs from live in England, and does they really have pyrenean mastiffs, or are they great pyrenees? Wow, 20 giants sounds like a dream come true to me :D
    I'm dying to find some other people from England who have this kind of dogs, since I really find livestock guardians really interesting and amazing dogs!
    It sounds like so much fun to see giant breed dogs playing together, I get to see every day how my 85 kg heavy mastiff plays with my 5 kg tibetan spaniel, and they're doing it just fine! :eek:

Also, thank you everyone again SO MUCH, Onni is all embarrassed after all those kind words :blush:

19. Remus

Remus PetForums Newbie

Thank you, Onni turns 5 in the end of July :)

20. Zaros

I live in Lapland with my wife who is Finnish by birth. Well she's actually a Lappi truth be told. :001_smile:
    However, many people here are a little afraid of the dogs because of their size and some often think they are C/O's. :rolleyes::
    Damn! C/O's are ugly and lazy critters :mad:

The breeder from whom we bought Oscar from doesn't live far from the municipal of Jämsä and Zara's breeder lives just over passed Lahti if you're driving towards Helsinki.

Our little boast and claim to Finnish fame is that both Oscar's and Zara's parents played the leading roles in the Finnish childrens film 'Myrsky'

Incidentally, I have to agree Guardians are indeed very interesting and some are most certainly a life altering experience.;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice