Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My puppy wees indoors occasionally

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by peackie76, Aug 22, 2013.

1. peackie76

peackie76 PetForums Junior

My 4 month old Shihtzu Charlie is really good he sleeps in his crate at night and if we go out during the day he never wets or dirtys in there he can go 6 hours at night and he is very good mostly indoors but every now and then he decides to wee on the floor we keep the back door open a lot but he will still do the odd one on the floor any ideas anyone on how I can stop him doing this.When we first had him we found out we inadvertently bought him from a puppy farm trading standards are dealing with it, and he had terrible separation anxiety and was terrified of everything but have taken him on a 4 week puppy course and spent loads of time with him and he is a very confident little chap now. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas. We love him so much I am thinking of having him neutered at 6 months the vet said.

2. Meezey

Meezey Slave to the Black & Tans and the Trundle Bugs.

At 4 months he won't be completely house trained, so I would keep picking him up, taking him outside, asking him to pee and treat when he does, so he knows that he should go outside all the time to pee.

3. peackie76

peackie76 PetForums Junior

I will go back to going out with him every time I am willing to try anything with him thanks again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice