UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone my puppy tyzer had his paw trode on yesterday whilst playing football (thinks hes guna be the next air bud) by my other half an now limping on it.... when it happened the cry was hurrendous only lasted a minute now using gentle pressure on it but not much no noises or anything definaltly not broken anyone got any suggestion for pain relief apart from keep him laid up at home hes only 5months so trying to keep him settled is hard

thanks everyone

·
Registered
18,075 Posts
if hes limping i would take him to the vets if its bad enough for you to think he needs pain relief then i would take him.
Agreed. There is also no way you can know if its broken or not without an x-ray.

Pain relief should only be prescribed by a qualified veterinary surgeon. You should also not give them human medication.

·
Registered
18,075 Posts
Animals deal with pain differently to us. My dog walked and ran around on a foot with multiple fractures for months on end. He didnt show any pain.

So what were you thinking of giving your dog?

G

·
We had a collie that was always breaking toes, and it seemed as if she didn't even notice it.
Bones could most certainly be broken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.