Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My puppy is OBSESSED with basil, is that normal?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Snaih, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Snaih

Snaih PetForums Newbie

so I’ve literally tried to search everywhere if dogs are usually obsessed with basil and have found nothing on it except that it is good for them and not toxic.

However, since my pup has found the basil plant at the back of our garden he has gone coo coo banana”s over it and I don’t know why. I literally let him out to pee and he ran straight towards it and spent a good 5 minutes trying to eat it. I had to bring out his food bowl just so he could come back.

Might have to take out the basil plant. But was just wondering if anyone else’s dogs were obsessed with basil and if there is by any chance anything wrong with them eating it.

2. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

How strange! My guinea pigs love basil but i haven't got a basil plant and it's not something my dogs have tried.

Hopefully someone on here will know if it's ok - have you tried turning to google for the answer there?

Would be a pity to pull up your plant!

Snaih likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice