UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 18 week old Staffy puppy Millie was very sick on Saturday, and I was unsure if she had a bug, but when she slept most of the day, then couldn't even keep water down, we rushed her to the vets, and they did an emergency operation and removed part of a soft dog toy from her small intestines! I was soooo worried about her! We visited her Sunday morning, and she seemed ok in herself, but obviously her tummy was very tender, but she wagged her tail when she saw us! Last night the vet rang, and said that despite wearing her elizabethan collar, she had still managed to rip her drip out of her leg, and chew it up, and also chew up all the bandages off her leg, and the vet was unable to find the plastic part of the drip that was nearest her leg, and she feared she may have eaten it!!! She said she was too concerned about re attaching another drip, so she is giving her meds under the skin instead. She said she thinks it would be small enough to pass. The vet rang this morning, and said that she's very bouncy and bright, and looks like a normal Staffy pup again! :) She is eating little and often, and drinking and weeing, but she hasn't had a poo yet. Her colour is good, and temp normal. She said we may be allowed to take her home later today depending on how she goes through the day, but they may decide to keep her in another night. I feel happy she seems to be doing well bless her, she really scared her mummy!!!

This is her when we visited her yesterday morning.

Her poor ouchy!

This was the part of toy they removed from her small intestine.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Poor wee puppy :(
I'm hope she's not peckish again for some toy :)
Was it one of those puppy teething thing's that she ate ? It just looks similar to one a thing my pups have.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much! I am so scared that she's gonna swallow something else, that I've chucked loads of dog toys out! All soft toys and raggies! I am not risking it again! She has a big kong tails that she loves, and larger nylabones. My poor lil Chi cross Poppy, has had all her toys taken away bless her!

This is the toy it was from, it's a Petstages dog toy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I knew it looked familiar !!
We've got the teething one that you freeze ( it's just a long tube with bits on the end ) but I don't think it'll be long before the bits are chewed off !!
I'm going home for a toy clean out too now :) Oscars an awful one for picking up anything and everything .. last night some inconsiderate soul left their chicken wing leftovers all over the street :rolleyes: What a sight we were trying to get it out his mouth !!!

·
Premium Member
33,946 Posts
I do hope she's home soon.

I would never have thought of taking photos of my pet at the vets.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Millie is home!!! :) Her little tummy looks very swollen bless her. We have to take her back to the vets tomorrow evening for a check up. She was absolutely desperate for the loo, and went immediately when we got home! The vet has been waiting since Sunday for her to have a poo, but she prefers to go at home! I am so relieved to have her home, and that she seems to be doing well. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.