Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My Puppy eats his own poo!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lexie13579, Jul 23, 2009.

1. lexie13579

lexie13579 PetForums Junior

:nono::nono::nono: Im wondering if some one could help me please. My puppy is 13 weeks old and hes a yellow labrador, but he eats his own poo, this then gets my 11 month old bitch to eat his poo too. I have been told that pineapple in his food will do the trick, but how much do you give, he has 2 meals a day now, when he eats he woofs it dow some times he so fast at eating its like hes going to bring it all back up again, if my 11 month old is still eating hers he will try and get and get hers. But im there at all times and when they are finished i take them in the back garden to do their buisness. Being disabled i cant get there quick enough to pick it up.

Also does any one know when my bitch could come into season? shes 11 months old and i would like to breed from her in her 2nd season, but as yet she is showing no signs.

Would be greatful of some help!:)

2. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

3. lexie13579

Hi

Many thanks for your warm welcome!

Been on that link but it dont tell me what to really do, maybe im giving him the wrong food i dont know. I give both dogs "Beta" dog food.

Thank you any way for your message.

Mandy

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

It IS COMMON IN A LOT OF PUPS ALTHOUGH SOME JUST GROW OUT OF IT. mINES NOW 8 BUT IS STILL PARTIAL TO HORSE MANURE..

5. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

My 14 yr old Lab eats her own poo too! just a Lab thing I think!
    Why do you want to breed from her?

6. lexie13579

She is a beautiful labrador and so is the dog im going to breed her with. I think people would like to have some of her puppies. Also the vet told me that it would be nice for her to have a litter. I know there are a lot of unwanted dogs out there but i feel people would love to have a puppy from honey.

Also im giving one of the puppies to the disabled for them to trian him or her up.

Sorry if you dont agree with what i have said but i feel i would be doing good by giving the disabled a pup and letting other people have a puppy who will be very good to train as Honey is very good at being trained.

7. Umm... Welcome, but should this be on the Introductions thread? Its a question really...

8. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Welcome to PF xxx

9. lexie13579

Sorry im new to this, i dont really understand how to work this.

Sorry if i have upset any one.

10. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

You havent upset anyone, you are like me, your new and not sure around the site at the moment. This is how you get used to it, post a thread and someone will tell you where to go for your thread.
    All puppies and dogs at some stage eat their own poo, the mother dog eat's her pupps poo to clean them and encourage them to poo, so sometimes a puppy will do the same, they will grow out of it, if they dont then there could be another problem that is not known with out asking a vet for advice.
    It i s a personal thing about breeding dogs, some say no and some agree....
    I wouldnt just breed her just to give her a first llitter and give the puppies away, if she is your pet then keep her as your pet. But if you knew of Disabilities departments who would gladly take on your puppies and you know for sure the you can rehome them all then it is your personal preference. and good luck to you. I think it is great that dogs are used for disabilities especially the blind and also for the people who have epilepsy and they get a dog who is trained to warn their owners before they get there seisure. How brilliant is that.
    Good luck in what you do anyway, but remember the vet costs and c sections, and the time you will have to spend on the whole procedure.
    Good luck anyways xxxxxxxx

11. 155274184824275

12. lexie13579

Hi,

Thank you for your message, i dont want to be wrong on any thing. i did read the message about the cross breed so i dont want to get in the wrong at my first time on here.

As for breeding thanks again, i have already been in touch with a disability charity and they are going to come and see which puppy they want when she eventually has some puppies.

Thank you again

Mandy xxx

13. lexie13579

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice