Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My PUPPY bit me!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by keeleyjane19, May 29, 2010.

1. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

We were out walking when I noticed shooters, shooting at rabbits etc.

I thought I better round up my dogs to put them on the lead just to be safe so they didn't mistake them for rabbits etc!!

Well I managed to get Cleo and Pixie ran round in circles, the shooting was getting nearer so I went to grab her collar and she turned round and bit my finger!!

Right on the bend, and quite deep...little pickle!!

She must know she hurt me and she has been all loving and contented since.

I just squeeled really loud "owiiie owiie owiie" then ignored her.

I never result to physical punishment as that could lead to a more serious aggression.

I think where she had been playing with Cleo like a looney she got startled with me grabbing her, so I think is was my fault as I have never had to grab my dogs like that.

xx

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw she may have panicked due to the shooting noise and you grabbing her frantically.

3. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Yeah thats what I thought, as she has always been a sweetie and never shown aggression, and she didn't do it aggressively, she like hesitated about it and did it then looked really sorry with her tail down and looked upset she had done it!!

She might have associated my grab with the gun shot and just got frightened, then bit to protect herself as she felt scared.

After my high pitch squeeling I don't think she will do it again in a hurry, I dont know what frightened her more!! xx

4. Savahl

Savahl Guest

She probably didnt even realise it was your hand til too late, probably spooked from the noise and if you grabbed the collar from behind it may have just been startled

Hope your fingers ok :eek:

5. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Yeah finger is fine, just a bit bruised and sore where she pierced it!!

She hasn't done it since, and has been very submissive and cuddly so I think she is sorry!!

My fault entirely, shouldn't of grabbed her but was worried for her safety, rather she bit my finger instead of her getting shot by a gun!! xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice