Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My Puppy ate RAT poison!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by IrishKid, Jun 26, 2009.

1. IrishKid

IrishKid PetForums Newbie

Everyone.... if you have animals, plese make sure that any chemicals or poison is well hidden. I had left some rat poison out. I had it well hidden covered in a small pipe under some wood.. but still my little one managed to eat it. Good job i saw this, i took my pup directly to the vet and on the way kept sticking my fingers down its throat... to make it sick.. it worked thank god. I was lucky. Just a note for everyone.

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I'm glad your pup is okay :) x

3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Be doubly aware if you use the little blocks of poison. I had mine well hidden away but the rats dragged them out and left them where the dogs could get them. So long as they are not constantly eating it then a preventative course of vitamin K tablets should do the trick.

4. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

glad your pups is ok, thanks for warning people, :) :) :)

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Slug pellets are another one to be very careful with. Ive seen a dog die after eating them, and its horrendous.

I dont use any form of poisons in or around my property. No plant sprays, nothing. I just wont risk my animals lives.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice