Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My pug is hiding!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by skipmj89, Aug 24, 2013.

1. skipmj89

skipmj89 PetForums Newbie

My pug is hiding! He won't come out from under the chairs, his eyes also have got some pus and he hasn't eaten his food. I've brought him out from under chairs but he returns, tried to coax him to eat, or drink. Allowed him access outside but he's not interested.
    I know to separate the symptoms, his eyes are quite normal for a pug, they will just need cleaning and keeping an eye on. And his hiding- perhaps the thunderstorms scared him last night and he needs a bit of reassurance, then hopefully he might eat something. I guess I just would like advise, thoughts, confirmation. Im worried

2. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

I would be on to the vet tbh., especially if he is no better by now , a few hours after your post .

3. pearltheplank

pearltheplank PetForums VIP

Do you mean gunk/sleep in his eyes? If you actually mean pus, then it's not normal for any dog even a pug and I would be up the vet now

4. BoredomBusters

BoredomBusters PetForums VIP

Pus in the eyes is NOT normal for a Pug! I would get him to a vet ASAP.

5. skipmj89

skipmj89 PetForums Newbie

Thankyou everybody for your replies and advice!!
    I really appreciate it.
    Pus was perhaps the wrong word, but I've cleaned him up and checked his eyes for anything in them. They are still clean and bright now.
    I didn't have access to a vet earlier so I phoned, vet isn't too worried so I'm keeping an eye on him. He's brightened up already.
    He's only a youngster and is a bit skitty, he's not good with thunderstorms :)
    If he's not back to 100% in a little while I'll have a visit to the vet!
    Thanks again!!

6. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy PetForums VIP

TBH it sound pretty normal to me. If my dogs hear thunder they go to where they feel safe. Under a table usually. Leave him alone under his chosen chair, He`ll come out quicker if you don`t fuss round him. Act normally and that will give him confidence.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice