Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My poorly Harry's face

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by littleBichon, Apr 11, 2011.

1. littleBichon

littleBichon PetForums Member

Harry is suffering with an itchy face, it started a month or so back and I assumed after he'd visited the groomers and it had healed up it was gone but the other day I noticed he'd itched and we had the same problem again.. heres a picture
    [​IMG]

And a little closer

[​IMG]

Ive managed to cut more fur away from the area and wash it with warm sterile water, he just wont stop itching it. Im at my wits end with it Its making me really down ive spent all day worrying about him :confused: Would it be worthwhile buying him a cone so he physically cant get to it, and if so can he be in his crate with his cone on?

I stop him itching every opportunity I get but i'm not always quick enough and he's knocked the scab off again :( Hes not itching all the time but when he does, he really goes for it!

Advise is really needed, I feel like a horrible mummy i cant make my little man better. :(

2. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

If he were mine I'd be taking him to the vet - looks as if it needs some Fucibet or something similar, especially since it's not clearing up after four weeks.

3. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Yes I'd pop to the vets for them to check it out, it looks sore bless him x No idea if it is to do with the time of year but at this time of year all kinds of stubborn allergies and itching can occur.

4. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Definitely take him to the vet-as soon as possible -especially as its been going on for so long it must be driving him absolutely mad
    Maureen

5. littleBichon

littleBichon PetForums Member

It doesnt seem to bother him as much as I thought it would. Im going to phone the vets when they open today and get him an appointment. But im going to go to P@H tonight for a DAP refill so I think ill pick up one of those cone collars too so he doesnt aggravate it even more.. He seems to be letting me wash it without too much of a fuss so thats a good thing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice