Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My poor old Toby's hips

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by PepeCodyToby, Jun 8, 2010.

1. PepeCodyToby

PepeCodyToby PetForums Newbie

Toby has hips displasia, he's roughly 10 yrs old (not sure took him in off the streets) and in the last year he started limping on his left leg and got very grumpy to the point of mauling the Fed-Ex man. Took him to the vets and he is on synoquin and a painkiller, he got less grumpy (no mauling) and the limp went, however this last week he has gone from trotting on his walks to a slow plod. It might just be because he has had a tummy bug and hasnt been eating much so the meds might not be getting through, or he's just feeling poorly. I've just ordered some Rhus Tox to give that a go and wondered if there is anything else that REALLY helps dogs with painful hips and arthritis? I am interested to learn about the collars (what they are called and where to get them?) and other herbal remedies or anything i can ask the vet about at my next visit

2. rona

rona Guest

Hydrotherapy helps keep dogs supple when they suffer from either of these conditions.
    You will probably have to accept that one day soon, your dog will have to go onto pain meds :(

3. PepeCodyToby

PepeCodyToby PetForums Newbie

My poor fella is on some pain meds, but he's not doing so well. I've got a feeling the vet has him on the lowest dose of everything and am due a visit next week so want to be armed with things to discuss with her when we go. Just want to make my boy comfortable.

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

What pain relief is he on?

I think this is the sort of collar you mean Armadillo Products - Armadillo Magnetic Dog Collar they arent some miracle cure, but they certainly can help along with standard medication.

Check with your vet before using natural products, they can reduce the effects of medication.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice