Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My poor flowers!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Lilb, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Lilb

Lilb Guest

Post deleted.

#1 Lilb, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  2. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

That made me laugh and if you find the answer please let me know because I've been trying to stop mine for well over 30 years...:D

When I was going to stay with my sister several years ago, she was telling me over the phone how nice her garden looked and how magnificent the gladioli display was...... very sadly within two or three days of my visit there wasn't one left standing. One of her bitches was grabbing them and tearing round the garden with two of mine in hot pursuit - great game.

3. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

You can buy some stuff in the pound shop which is a green gel in a bottle, scatter some over your flower beds, I have 3 Chi's who love'd to jump onto my plant pots and chew on the plants, so I put some of this stuff on them and they dont go near them now. ;) Pets Off it is called.

What breed of dog is Abbie and how old?

If your Tulip is hanging its poor little head then it is a goner :eek: If the stems are not broken then just leave them and they should come back ok.

4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Ive almost forgotten what plants are like, pots are bare and empty as they have had the compost out too, and any remaining tall shrubs start 3 quarters of the way up, where they have had all the branches off the bottom.

Think they just have some kind of adrenaline rush sometimes and literally have to run it off too.

You could try hiding very smelly treats like liver cake around the garden and under a few plastic pots and things, that might keep her body and mind occupied, if she has to have limited walks. Other things like scattering a handful of kibble around from her allowance might get her mind busy too.
    Or a treat ball if she hasnt got one already, you again can fill it with kibble from her allowance and then you set it to distribute pieces here and there as they play with it and roll it about. That may be another way for gentle exercise and keep her occupied.

5. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

A) Is it a common thing and if not/so why does it happen?
    B) How can I keep her off the flower beds at least and
    C) Will my Tulip survive?

Sailor has his mad half hours too, one minute he will be lazing on the trampolene sunbathing, then all of a sudden, his running full pelt around the garden, looking like a dog possessed... completely giddy with excitement lol
    Luckily these outbursts are rare... and luckily they are funny enough for me to beable to tolerate them... there is nothing better than a happy dog having a moment of madness like this :D

I would suggest, keeping your front garden for pretty stuff and the back garden for practical stuff lol :D

And your tulipd might stand a chance.... Sailor managed to break my bean plant in half once.,.... so I put the broken stem ends together and wrapped it up with electricians tape and tied the whole thing to a cane stick to keep the break straight and upright .... the break managed to re join itself, altho it looked like a bunion lol and amazingly I still got some tasty runner beans from the plant eventually :D

6. mgarr

mgarr PetForums Junior

I have a Lab he is 15 weeks old the garden is all slabs so I have a few pot's dotted about but Harvey is pulling everything out and bringing it in door's, So I know how people must be feeling.:rolleyes:

7. LexiLou2

LexiLou2 PetForums VIP

I wouldn't count on it you'll be surprised where they can get. We call our mad 10 mins staffie madness (we have a staffie) and she goes bonkers, she does the wall of death running up the fence and everything, and at my mums she does have a raised bed its about 2.5ft and that just makes it more fun....she only moved into her house 4 month ago and just spent a small fortune on little bushes etc for the garden as there we no plants...Lexi went once and dug up pretty much every single one. Needless to say I have no plants in my garden :glare::glare::glare:

8. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

we had the same problem so just removed all plants from the garden. oh has already decided when we move the front garden is his pretty area and i can fence off an area at the back for my allotment then just leave the rest for the dog to do as he pleases :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice