Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My pond and fish

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium Galleries' started by AnimalLoverSian, Mar 26, 2011.

1. AnimalLoverSian

AnimalLoverSian PetForums Junior

My dad built everything, we had a few slabs of rocks lying around so he made a rock waterfall, we had some small bamboo poles and he made it to a little fence around it, basicly this is what my dad does when hes bored ;)
    We have a total of 4 fish.. we started out with 6 and two died and we don't know why, one had a problem swimming, and the other just stopped dead
    We have 2 Koi's and 2 Ghost carp, I named them, My one (which I made the guy at water world pick out this percific one, because she (it could be a he though) is pure white with a single perfect red dot on her forehead :D) I named her River
    The other Koi is called Lilly, because when the Lillies come up she hides underthem and we did have another called Flash because he was so quick, but he died
    The Ghost Carps:
    Casper - died - silver one and when we got him he was no bigger than 5cm, and just one month after getting him, he was 10cm
    Copper - copper coloured
    Shadow - he was black with a orange line down his head, but hes changed colour over the months, hes gone white, but hes been that way for at least 6months now so we don't think theres anything wrong with him/her, because he swims just fine

We also have 7 newts in our pond My dad is adiment to keep them in there because they are endangered

The pond
    [​IMG]

Flash when he was alive day after we got him
    [​IMG]

Lilly out in the open and Flash under the lillies
    [​IMG]

I cant get A pic of the ghost carps because they cant stay still :rolleyes::

2. AnimalLoverSian

AnimalLoverSian PetForums Junior

Just went out and got this!

My one (River) next to Shadow, and Lilly in her Hidey place (the pot) she stays in there most of the time - my dad will clean the pond soon btw ;)-
    Shadows colour has changed again - he/shes gone darker, and the weed is covering up Rivers spot :mad:
    [​IMG]
    Lilly
    [​IMG]

3. coral.

coral. PetForums VIP

great photos and lovely pond :)
    i used to have a fish called flash!

4. Gemologist

Gemologist PetForums Junior

beautiful pond :) .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice