UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still missing my boys
42,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A neighbours overflow for 5 days :mad:
We have to walk through it to get to the back door, even though it's been generally dry the dogs have been coming inside with wet feet :(
I'd knocked on his door several times but he never answers, I dropped a note in last Thursday and again on Saturday.
Well early this morning it had got to a point where my lawn is getting water logged :mad:

I went into the shed and collected the hose pipe, took it around the house and put the end at his front door, I then got some steps and put them as near to his overflow as I could. I then said to OH in a very loud voice that I couldn't reach it and could he do it before he went to work. OH shouted back that it wasn't a very good idea and that we should call the environmental health.

WELL.......... I don't know if it was the hosepipe at his door when he went to go to work or the fact he heard mention of environmental health....... but 10 mins later when OH went to assess, it had stopped :D

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Sometimes actions are far better than words :D

Hope the patio drys out soon

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Glad you got it sorted, I had a similar thing at my previous house, where the neighbours drain got blocked where the sink and washing machine etc discharge into, and that overflowed to us the same as you were getting. They wouldnt do anything and we got the environmental health to sort it in the end so was going to suggest the same thing, but glad you got it sorted now. Its just so lazy and bone idle leaving it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.