Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My partner thinks this was wrong...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SuperSimoholic, Mar 29, 2011.

1. SuperSimoholic

SuperSimoholic PetForums Senior

Ok, so Mother's Day is not too far away, and my Mum is obviously expecting a card, but I doubt she will be expecting this...

I've mentioned before on these forums that my Mum is a Heroine addict. She was clean for 4 years up until a the Christmas before last. It's taken a tole on all those closest to her and I'm sick of her selfishness.

Me and Lee decided to use Moonpig to send our cards, one for his Mum, one for mine, and one for my Nan, because she's been more of a Mum to me than my actual Mum ever has.

I couldn't think of one nice thing to write about her without it feeling like a disgusting lie. So I decided to tell the truth.

[​IMG]
    [Click to Enlarge]

Lee thinks I was out of order, but I think it wasn't honest enough. Yes, I'll feel bad that she's opened it expecting love and happiness jumping off the page but she doesn't deserve that, in my opinion.

What do you guys think? do you think I was too harsh?

2. jamie1977

jamie1977 Banned

Could be her wake up call to get help. Being honest is far better than making out you are happy with her addiction.

3. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

wow wasn't expecting that! powerful stuff.

4. SuperSimoholic

Hopefully, because I mean what I said when it comes to the choice, because I'm not having drugs around my children (when I have them) and if that means disowning my Mum... Then so be it. I don't want to, but I don't want her around my (future) children on drugs much more.

5. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I agree with Jamie. This might be the wake up call she needs. I think you should add that that you are there to help if she does want to help herself because it's gonna be hard for her

6. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Dont they say that addicts have to be dropped to the bottom before they can ever pick themselves up again
    This may be the kick she needs

7. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Well if that doesn't change things nothing will...stay strong and stand by what you say about her having to choose (((hugs)))

8. SuperSimoholic

Well, after she get it, she'll either come storming around and have a fat go at me, or she'll avoid me for a couple of days, but either way, when I finally get a chance to talk to her, I'll make sure she knows she has our support. But she should know that anyway because we were trying to help her before but she just wouldn't help herself.
    Yeah, and if she doesn't see the possibility of loosing me, her child, rock bottom then she obviously doesn't love me as much as she says she does, and that enough will only make me feel better about putting her out of my life.

9. SuperSimoholic

Thanks, and I never say anything I don't mean! And she knows that too.

I'm off to bed now anyways, Lee keeps bugging me to get off the comp cause he's got to get up early tomorrow! XD

10. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I say send it like Jamie said might be the kick she needs if she realises how much of an impact her behaviour is having addicts don't always realise how much they're hurting those that care about them

11. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

Wow that's strong stuff. But if that's how you feel, then it's the right thing to do. I can imagine how she'll feel, expecting all hearts and flowers and getting that.If that doesn't reach her then probably nothing will.
    Now you've made this move, don't go back on it, stay strong and hopefully you can send a nicer card next year.
    ((((big hugs))))

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice