UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh, I could brain him sometimes!

he's not long finished a split shift in the pub where he works, and I get a phone call...

No, he's not been on the beer, he's only gone and sliced his finger on the hinge of one of the kitchen appliances in his kitchen at work! :blink:

So, he phones me, I have no car, and also I have a sleeping 5 year old in her bed, so what the heck am I supposed to do?!

he calls me as if I can magic a solution out of thin air and make it all better (I suppose that's what us mummies and suffering other halves are good at?)

Luckily, my dad (dear ole dad!) agreed to take him to a&e in the next town, some 8 miles away.

Add a dead mobile phone battery to the equation (the other halves) and I have no idea what is happening! :crazy:

This is a rant more than anything, and definitely not a panicky what-do-I-do past as I know very well all I can do is sit tight and wait for the wounded chef to come home! :glare:

Why is it when the other half injures himself... he blooming well chooses 1am to do it, when everyone is soundo in bed?

Last time he injured himself, I was on my way to work, he burnt himself and I had to be late for work due to him having a dry burn on his hand! :rolleyes::

that was a fair few years ago, well before the daughter was even thought about :lol:

MEN! AArrrGh! what shall I do? :glare: silly boy! and I guess I'll have to put up with his expert "I hurt myself" act *sigh*

I'm not going to be able to sleep now, until I at least know what's happening! :confused: Hmm.....

Least I have Billie to cuddle up to, she thinks its fantastic that she is still in the living room! :D

·
We are all Ukraine
23,819 Posts
I say!...to be honest if there is an accident at work..then the boss should take care of it...maybe offer a taxi?

mine is also accident prone...say he lifted asnooker table athe airport (ball got stuck!)..injured himself and spend all hollidays in bed moaning and seeing doctors while I struggled with three kids..and my parents?

or broke his foot taking tiles in trolley ..he hurried back to work!!!
therefore ihad no bathroom, no water...hubby in the cast , three kids, sick dog, total armaggedon in the house and no driver?

or got hernia while taking down neighbour doors (the lady has two sons and a son-in-law to do that!)...and spend six weeks in bed while I was with two kids and pregnant?

MEN!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thought I would update you all!

Other Half is ok, he sliced the end of his ring and middle finger, not life threatening! :eek:

As for his boss taking him to hospital, he is the boss! :crazy: unfortunately he cannot drive - I can - but we lack a car :cryin:

I have to laugh at him though - he's decided he is fit to work and is carrying on in that kitchen, just minus the cleaning and washing up side.

what a palava!

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Glad he is okay. My hubby is very accident prone although usually he doesn't notice until I tell him that he's dripping blood all over my new carpet! :rolleyes: Men can be such a worry at times!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.