Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My new 'therapy'......

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Kittenfostermummy, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Kittenfostermummy

Kittenfostermummy PetForums VIP

Her name is Tinsel. I know you shouldn't get rodents etc from Pets at home but she was in the adoption bit and she is gorgeous!! I struggle to put photos on here sadly as its from my phone but I will attempt to get one uploaded on here.

She is a lovely caramel and white colour with black eyes and is fully grown!

At the moment she is in a really tiny cage which I feel awful about but as she was an impulse buy (don't worry I can afford her and look after her) I had to buy just a crappy cage until I can get to another shop to buy hopefully an 80ltr clear tub which I plan on making into a bin cage. (I have already made one of these this size for my three female mice!)

I have already put a fly'in'saucer in my amazon trolley for her as she is loving the wheel in the tiny cage but this is way too small for her too!

Her cage was a starter kit with some food, sawdust, bottle, food dish, house and wheel in it but I gave the sawdust straight back as I will not be using it, she is straight onto my hemp substrate which I use for my mice.

She is not at all timid and is happy to be handled by me thankfully as my mice just will not let me hold them!!

I am having a really sh*tty time at the moment and she is my therapy!!

No real point to this thread just wanted to share my new addition xxx

2. Kittenfostermummy

Here she is :) how cute is she?!?!

Attached Files:

3. kodakkuki

kodakkuki PetForums VIP

sorry to hear you're going through a hard time- i know the feeling.
    but nothing works quite as well as having another little helpless life to look after...
    hope she works! lol x

4. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

She is beautiful.

Sorry you are going through a hard time.

5. Bellaboo1

Bellaboo1 PetForums VIP

She's very cute, love her name. I'm toying with the idea of getting another ham, I lost my last one, a syrian at the beginning of the year. I don't seem to have much luck with them unfortunately. I had a chinese hamster as well that I adopted they are more like mice really. I have thought about a russian dwarf but can't make my mind up between that and another syrian, I have cages for both. Good luck with her I'm sure she will bring you much pleasure x

I think she's what's known as a cinnamon banded or she could be a golden banded

#5 Bellaboo1, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  6. Kittenfostermummy

I love her so much already she is so confident and isn't bothered by the cats or the dog, not even when they are close to her or when the dog is barking her head off!!

I have given her a small bit of raw carrot today, a small bit of purple cabbage raw and a little bit of cooked spaghetti all of which she scoffed happily!!

I will edit this post in a sec to add pics but have to do that from my phone! She is not easy to get pics of as she is always on the go and fast :)

7. Kittenfostermummy

Silly thing only letting me put one up at a time

Attached Files:

8. Kittenfostermummy

And here she is nibbling my zip arghhhhh damn thing didn't upload.... hang on will try again

#8 Kittenfostermummy, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  9. Kittenfostermummy

now has this worked???

Attached Files:

10. ForestWomble

Yes it worked. She is so pretty.

11. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Very, very, very cute indeed!

12. Muttly

Muttly Fluffy Mutts Rule!

Aww she is so cute! She reminds me of my Ellie, same colours. She was a Pets at Home impulse buy too, by my ex and she lived until she was about 4!

13. Kittenfostermummy

She is now in her bin cage with is almost 3 times the size of the piddly cage I had to buy to be able to house her until I had made one! She is loving it but I am worried as it seems so bare at the moment!

I am waiting for her flying saucer and hope she takes to it and it comes soon as she is wheel-less at the moment but she does have a ball that I give her a little run around in in the evenings, and I also have her out for atleast an hour each evening.

Crystal Storage Box with Lid Clear 62ltr at wilko.com

This is the box I have used for her cage and it gives her a nice amount of floor space. After Christmas I plan to buy another one to give her a second level.
    I almost poisoned myself making her bin cage mind you as my saw decided it wanted to crack the plastic so I ended up using a wallpaper scraper and heat and then a screwdriver and heat for the smaller holes for the cable ties. My GOD melting plastic stinks!!!!!

14. ForestWomble

No picture :(

15. Kittenfostermummy

Ok so her flying sauce turned up today she isn't too sure of it yet!! Here is a pic of the lid meshed and inside the cage. I haven't meshed any of the sides yet I may still do at a later date but I was dying from the melting plastic the other day and had to stop!!

Attached Files:

16. Kittenfostermummy

Stupid phone still only allowing me to upload one photo per post arghhh

Attached Files:

17. evel-lin

evel-lin PetForums VIP

Aw she's very sweet. She's a cream banded I think as she hasn't got any cheek flashes. I used to have a cream boy who was lovely so I've got a bit of a soft spot for them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice