Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My New Puppy!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by e_clark, May 14, 2010.

1. e_clark

e_clark PetForums Junior

Helloo all!

A couple of months back I made some posts asking about toy poodle breeders that are going to have litters ready to leave mum in June, and I found one! And about 5 weeks ago now the litter was born and there was a boy! (I didn't want a girl). He is a black toy poodle, most probably going to be called Sooty (though that depends if it suits when I get him!).

I have some pictures of him at 2 weeks old and then again at 4 weeks when I went to visit him last Sunday for the first time!

I pick him up on 13th June, can't wait!!

One question though, and it may sound silly, but my mum has quite a large garden so it doesn't matter to her - what does everyone do with their dog's poop? I'm talking about from your own garden. My garden isn't going to be particularly big, and I wouldn't want poop all over it anyways as wouldn't want to tread in it or sit on it by accident! I don't want to have to put it all in bags though as that just seems a silly contribution to the plastic bag epidemic. I've seen the green dog toilet things that you bury in the ground and put the poop in and it biodegrades it, but are these any good? What does everyone else do?

I am pretty certain I will have more and more questions as the time comes closer!

Enjoy the pics for now :)

Attached Files:

2. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

the puppies are so cute, i bet you cant wait :)

3. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I used to have the toilet thingy years ago, didnt work well tho but I had 8 Labs then, dont know if it would be any good for 1 dog, mine is picked up in dog poop bags and binned in dustbin, good luck with your new pup:D

4. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

I shovel it up and put it into a bag.. we have bout 6 poops a day.. then i bin it...

5. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Oh wow, he is soooooo cute - congratulations:thumbup:

6. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Aww I love poodle puppies :D They are so small and perfect when they are a few weeks old. Ofcourse they are still perfect when they grow lol ;) Blu's birthday is on the 13th June!

7. e_clark

e_clark PetForums Junior

Aww thanks everyone, he is adorable, can't wait to get him home! Also, what do you suggest about the journey home? Its about 2.5 hours - do we stop and let him go (which I'm unkeen on as he won't have had jabs yet) or will he hopefully sleep? Just seems a bit of a long time for a puppy to hold it!

8. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

emma....thought you were going to have an apricot pup?! Or did i get confused?

9. shutterspeed

shutterspeed PetForums Senior

I suggest you call him Snowhite...

10. e_clark

e_clark PetForums Junior

You got confused :p lol

11. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

i think i assumed...you said you were going to get one of sue's pups where jack jack came from so i assummed..... and i forgot she also had black and brown toy poodles as well....silly me.

well he's cute. :) I must say i don't particularly like the black colour, but each to their own right :)

13th June isn't that far away you must be going mad with excitement.

12. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Aww your new puppy is a sweetie!!!

I have 3 dogs and every 2 days I go around the garden and pick it up (especially if I want to mow the lawn!!) My garden is large so it is often spread all over the place so I like to keep ontop of it, but with just 1 dog I would clear it every 3-4 days unless you are really keen and want to do it more often!! I just used "FRAGRANCED NAPPY BAGS" as they are far far cheaper than poo bags, about 40p for 300 tescos own ones, and they are quite strong!! I then put them into the dustbin.

All the best xxxx

13. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

i have two dogs and i pretty much pick their poop up as soon as they do it! just coz they race round the garden, and i dont want them trodding through it. and i chuck it onto a composty thing at the back of my garden.

14. e_clark

e_clark PetForums Junior

Thanks for all the replies :) Will put some more pics of him up when I get them!, can't wait! 4 weeks today!

15. Colliepoodle

Colliepoodle PetForums VIP

I do poo patrol once a day with nappy sacks. The sacks then go into a carrier bag, and once a week the carrier bag goes into the rest of the rubbish for the bin men.

16. leoti

leoti PetForums VIP

Congratulations on ur new puppy , for your journey home i would have a crate in the car , have some newspaper in it as he may be sicky or go to the loo but dont let him go outside as he hasnt had his jabs , better for him to use crate till u get home

17. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

hi hon...

imo re the car i wouldn't put him in a crate. a) he'll be so tiny, and probably very unsure. i would keep him on your lap on theway home, that's what i did with mika...although mika was in a lil basket at the time.....

18. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Congratulations - you must be very excitied - and no doubt doing lots of doggy equipment shopping :D

As for poops - we tried a dog toilet thingy, but with the size of wolfhound poops, it just got bunged up and didn't really work, so we bag it up and bin it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice