Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

my new mice pic heavy

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by mousemighty, Jul 7, 2009.

1. mousemighty

mousemighty PetForums Member

his some nice pics of my new mice oh , an mother

Attached Files:

2. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Very cute mice. :)

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

They are soooooo cute.

4. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

They are lovely, my daughter has just adopted 3 black huge one's they are male's and cute but they bloomin stink !! ;)

5. mousemighty

yes the male smells a little so i clen him out more , but i dont think ill get rid of his smell as its musck to attract females??:eek: but ive kept another male but he s only young so ill not breed with him till @ least another 4 weeks he donest smell that bad . wait till i put them both togher what apong then:eek6: but there lovely i can put up with smell

6. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

I find the smell is contained to the male's tank/cage, I almost never smell it anymore from mine.

7. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

what colour are the ones in the middle picture, never seen any like that before, how cute,xxx:D

8. mousemighty

there are a redish brown colour it my be flash on camera but ill look out for those ones as ive 22 little mices to love an rehome , ppl like certain colours , but yes there a lovely colour. infact alll my mices are beautiful:)

9. mousemighty

ive 2 males but when i breed i keep male in to help with the work, then pass him about other cages to other females ect yes it smalls abit but like i said its confined to males , an i tend to clean them more
    :eek:

10. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Males do produce musk, but on average I find they can be even more friendly then females which completely makes up for it. Plus I don't even smell it anymore.

11. mousemighty

yes i agre with you about males as i find mine very very friendly but females are more shy, i wonder why

12. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I only have females and they are really friendly, they are handled a lot though and they were very young when I got them, the two pet mice are actually a bit more cuddly than the fancy mice but even the fancy mice are cuddly. The females are not the sweetest smelling creatures either :D.

13. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

I have completely blocked out the actual odor of both males and females, but then I've had them a long time and have a large number so it was enevitable I guess. :)

14. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

I've got both and my girls come running up to the top of the tank and squeak while they wait on the lid being taken off. Then I can't keep them off so I don't have a problem with shyness! As for my boys, Chp comes running if I tap my fingers and Mintola justs wants to be the mouse version of Houdini. Kissifur is a little more cuddly but is only just starting to get that way - he is a very shy nervous mouse. And they reek!! All of them!! I can clean a cage out and 5 minutes later they have managed to make it smell again!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice