UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new member here.

Have been browsing for a bit and have gained much helpful stuff for my new kitty.

Sally is 13 weeks old tonight, and is lovely. She can be a handful when I arrive home from work, especially if I have been on a long shift and been out of the house all day, but she has been home 4 weeks now so is getting used to it.

We have always had cats in the family, but this is the first of my own. I would probably would have preferred an older cat, but a friend gained some unwanted additions to his family so was tempted to home one of his kittens.

She went to the Vets 2 days ago for her second injection, and the vet said she is in fine health, which is good as she wasn't expected (or wanted) in her previous house.

Whilst play time - and "mad cat" time can be very lively, she loves cuddles, and when I am using the computer - if she is not in play mode and trying to pounce on the keyboard - she loves to sit on my chest, headbutt me, lick my nose, knead her feet and purr incredibly loudly for something her size! Bedtime is good. I work shifts, so bedtime varies each day depending on my shift, but when I go up to bed and turn the lights out it is like a switch and she just falls asleep on my bed quietly. The first week when I allowed her upstairs I had a few sleepless nights as she insisted on sitting on my head, pawing me, and purring insanely loudly - but thankfully this stage seems to have passed. Playtime in the early hours can be a pain though!

I have brought a Da Bird thingy, which she loves and clicks and chirrups at it as I wave it around the room, before eventually trying to catch it. She has plenty of toys, but my hands proved attractive when she first moved in. Thankfully this has passed too, but my legs are still proving good (and painful for me) climbing frames.

Will try and get some better pictures soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could do with a bit of advice though...

What is everyone's recommended litter for the litter tray? I am currently using wood pellet things, as this is what she used before she came to me, but I am not overly impressed with how much is used and the smell - especially as she isn't very good at burying her poos - she digs and digs and digs a lot, and piles all the wood pellets in one huge heap in the corner, but often leaves the poo on the top and not covered up at all!!

And also food? She is currently eating a mixture of Whiskas and Felix kitten food, mainly wet pouches, which she prefers, but I am trying to get her to eat some biscuits too as these are good for her teeth, apparently. She doesn't seem too keen on the biscuits of any sort though. She likes the Whiskas and Felix, but I am concerned about quantity - she seems to want no where near as much as the box recommends, and has an annoying habit of trying to dig around (as though she is in the litter tray) and bury her food bowl if there is any food she doesn't want at the time it is put down. This often results in the bowl being upside down. This isn't a problem as on days when I am at home a lot (which is quite often) I can feed little and often and keep an eye on it, but some shifts I work are long and as such cannot be at home to supervise the food.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.