Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My New Kitten

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Jojolou, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Jojolou

Jojolou PetForums Newbie

Finally got are new kitten he is 8 weeks old he is lovely... But he is little greed.. He seems to want to eat all the time.. I feed him jut whiskers kitten food, how often should i feed him ?? Is there anything else that i can feed him apart from his meat..

Thanks ;)

2. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

Makes a change to hear about a kitten like this-normally it's the opposite problem that makes the headlines here! :001_smile:

How much is he currently eating then? Considering his good appetite, I would be inclined to switch him over to a better wet food-done very gradually of course!

Has he been wormed?

3. Jojolou

Jojolou PetForums Newbie

Yes he's been wormed. He eats whiskers kitten food in satchets he is going through about 2 a day but always lookin for more is this normal ..

4. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I have posted a link to a very good list for you http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-health-nutrition/112132-z-wet-food-cats.html it has been compiled by our own food guru hobbs.Have a read through and will give you a better idea what the differences are in the various foods available.If you are willing to order on line this will open up a much better range to choose from.When it comes to feeding ,kittens do not need specific "kitten food".There is very little difference so as long as you choose a high meat content food your kitten will get all it needs Just be careful that you choose a "complete" food and not a complimentary one..As for amounts ,as a rule of thumb kittens will rarely over eat so let yours have as much as it needs over many small meals as you can manage."2 pouches is really not enough I would expect a growing kitten to manage probably double that in a day.Good luck and just shout if you need help choosing a good quality food.

#4 buffie, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  5. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

I agree 2 pouches really isn't alot for a kitten, sounds like he needs more! :) Buffie has posted a great list of foods for you to have a peep at

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice